Looking at buying land

Anything that does not fit in another Forum...

Moderator: needmore

mantis
Location info: 22

Re: Looking at buying land

Post by mantis »

My soil is black clay... black as black can be.

No idea how well it will work. I ordered it Friday, and should get it by weeks end. It has two tips, one is the big potato plow, and the other is just a steel shank. I'm planning on making 2 passes, 1st with the shank to break up the grass, 2nd with the plow to clear out the trench. I'm going to wait until after we've gotten some rain, so the ground will be a bit softer. I'll let you know how it goes. :)

In the meantime we have 400' of garden hose that will reach most places on the property. Even after 400' I still have more pressure than I have at the house on city water. Only bad part is having to drag 400' of hose... it gets heavy. I was thinking of buying more hoses to lay around the different areas, and just using quick disconnects to change watering areas, but that would really get in the way of mowing.
Spencer_watering.jpg
marcat
Location info: 28

Post by marcat »

Wen you lay your pipe think black Poly less friction and cheeper for long runs.
MarCat
mantis
Location info: 22

Post by mantis »

I'm trying to find 300' rolls of poly locally, but so far I've only been able to find 100' rolls. I have one more source I'm checking with, but if that falls through I'll just go with the 100' rolls. That is still better than 10' sections of PVC.
marcat
Location info: 28

Post by marcat »

Lowes used to have it
Marcat
dudley
Location info: 44
zone 9a/b
right between too cold & not cold enough

Post by dudley »

that poly can be very handy. i have it running all over my property.
plan your runs carefully though so it can be moved over a couple feet either left or right for mowing purposes.
also the connectors from the poly to the spigots tend to leak quite a bit. not a problem for those of us on well water.
"Plants are people just like us"