short green groundcover bamboo

Moderator: needmore

ocimum_nate
Location info: 0
Location: American Fork, Utah High Desert, elevation 4566 feet, zone 5 or 6 depending on which source.

short green groundcover bamboo

Post by ocimum_nate »

I dug this up from a house last October and thought that it had died completly this spring. It finally decided to grow and I think that it may now be indentifiable..
Michael
Location info: 0

RE: short green groundcover bamboo

Post by Michael »

Look at my post dated May 10th and see if yours is the same. It looks the same to me.

It is "loose" in the yard now and it is the scarcest. I have P. v. 'Robert Young', Moso, S. fastuosa. P. nigra, S. japonica 'tsutsumiana', P. b. 'Castillon' and a few other that are also loose in the yard, but they are big and the culms can be cut down. (But I pot up most of these in the spring.) The little thing will leave a bear spot if I remove all the culms. And how do you keep it from running under all the shrubs?

I am seriously considering putting ?IT? in a section of the yard, but it just not sure yet. If I do I will have to put anything I install in that part of the yard in pots to keep the rhizomes out. It seems that most of the rhizomes of this plant run about 4 to 6 inched deep.

Michael