Seeds/Clumping Rhizomes

Moderator: needmore

Andros2240
Location info: 0

Seeds/Clumping Rhizomes

Post by Andros2240 »

Hello,

I’ll be making my trip back home to Uruguay on the 25th of November. I will be in the Florida area on the 24-25th of November before my flight. Making a trip to Tropical Bamboo in Loxahatchee to bring back some clumping bamboo species not available in Uruguay. Just checking to see if anyone has any viable seeds available or clumping rhizomes available in the Florida area.

Thank You, Andy Stearns
Andros2240

Re: Seeds/Clumping Rhizomes

Post by Andros2240 »

Will also be in the Northern California area until the 23rd of November. 30 minutes outside of Grass Valley/Nevada City. Trying to add different species to my small collection of around 11 species, close to 300 plants. Most are located on the property line as a privacy/ wind screen. In areas where your choices of clumping bamboo are very limited, how does one acquire new species not available in their area(different country)?

Thank you, Andrew
Attachments
Areas where bamboo is planted, also have some asper and ventricosa buddha belly planted
Areas where bamboo is planted, also have some asper and ventricosa buddha belly planted
needmore
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Re: Seeds/Clumping Rhizomes

Post by needmore »

Davis Bamboo in Davis CA, not too far from Grass Valley has several species of sub tropical clumping bamboo and a website with prices etc - they are expensive. Red Barn Nursery in Davis has some but gets their stock from Davis Bamboo so more $$. Green Acres Nursery chain has a couple stores in the Roseville/Rocklin area and usually has Bambusa oldhamii, some of the B multiplex forms and a few odds and ends - their store though in Sacramento usually has the most species. Palm Island Nursery in Vacaville, a bit farther, will usually have B textillis and a few others but call first.
Brad Salmon, zone 12B Kea'au, HI
http://www.needmorebamboo.com