WANTED: Seeds: Low-Growing Bamboo Varieties

Moderator: needmore

SvenLittkowski
Location info: 0

WANTED: Seeds: Low-Growing Bamboo Varieties

Post by SvenLittkowski »

Hi,

I know it is very difficult to get seeds of bamboo plants like seeds of other plants. Still, if anyone has viable seeds of a species of bamboo that grows not taller than 2 meters, I would be very happy.

I can offer a seed exchange: I live in the Caribbean, and have therefore access to all sort of seeds of amazing and special tropical, Caribbean plants! Among them edibles: tropical vegetables, fruits and herbs!

Is there anyone who can offer viable seeds to me? Seedlings might be easier to produce, but not easy to import. Thanks for your assistance.
needmore
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Re: WANTED: Seeds: Low-Growing Bamboo Varieties

Post by needmore »

Greetings and apologies, I made a mistake and deleted your other post regarding the bamboo plant supports - sorry about that I thought that these were the same 2 posts so I deleted the 'extra' one that was not really 'extra', can you please re-post that one?
Brad Salmon, zone 12B Kea'au, HI
http://www.needmorebamboo.com
KhunDieter

Post by KhunDieter »

Seeds of Indocalamus tessellatus might be harvested early next year, see http://thai-bamboo-seeds.blogspot.com and follow the updates. Further, seeds of Pleioblastus juxianensis and Lithachne pauciflora might be harvested later this year.
SvenLittkowski

Post by SvenLittkowski »

Vielen Dank.
Thanks.