Dreamweaver Help!

Anything that does not fit in another Forum...

Moderator: needmore

needmore
Location info: 0
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Dreamweaver Help!

Post by needmore »

Can anyone with Dreamweaver experience help me out - hopefully there is a setting I can't find that will improve my web building life.

When working on a web page, as it grows in size with either text and/or images the cursor response time slows eventually to the point where I have to stop typing as I can no longer see what I'm typing and it will actually start to miss letters due to the lag time I guess. I am working off-line so it can not be my dial-up connection. Believe me, I'm not a fast typist and this thing gets so SLOW that I dread updating the larger pages.
Brad Salmon, zone 12B Kea'au, HI
http://www.needmorebamboo.com
bigone5500

Re: Dreamweaver Help!

Post by bigone5500 »

needmore wrote:Can anyone with Dreamweaver experience help me out - hopefully there is a setting I can't find that will improve my web building life.

When working on a web page, as it grows in size with either text and/or images the cursor response time slows eventually to the point where I have to stop typing as I can no longer see what I'm typing and it will actually start to miss letters due to the lag time I guess. I am working off-line so it can not be my dial-up connection. Believe me, I'm not a fast typist and this thing gets so SLOW that I dread updating the larger pages.
Are there a lot of animated graphics on the page? Check task manager to see what is using the most CPU cycles (probably Dreamweaver).

Here's a program I love to use when the puter is acting up: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysi ... 96653.aspx It's called Process Explorer and it's a free program.

Here in the past couple weeks, I have noticed that if I leave Firefox 3.6 on a certain web page which has animated graphics (news weather sites with animated radar), my computer slows down bad. It speeds up when I leave that web page. This would also affect the computer even if you are not connected to the internet.
needmore
Location info: 0
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Post by needmore »

No animated graphics, just text and small size photos. I run on a Mac so the Microsoft program probably won't help me. Thanks for the suggestion though, I appreciate it.
Brad Salmon, zone 12B Kea'au, HI
http://www.needmorebamboo.com
bigone5500

Post by bigone5500 »

needmore wrote:No animated graphics, just text and small size photos. I run on a Mac so the Microsoft program probably won't help me. Thanks for the suggestion though, I appreciate it.
Brad, I'm sorry but I can't help you there. I have no Mac experience whatsoever.

I'm a PC...

*edit* Does playing with an iPad count? I took my son to the dentist and they had iPads there for the parents in the lobby to use. I thought that was awesome! I really want an iPad now... :roll: