ABS At-Large election and other items

Anything that does not fit in another Forum...

Moderator: needmore

bambooweb
Site Admin
Location info: 1
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

ABS At-Large election and other items

Post by bambooweb »

Just a reminder for ABS members to vote for the At-large Representative. The ballot is in the last issue of Bamboo and the candidates are James Clever and James Bonner. Send your vote to Dan Fox.

Also if you are going to the ABS conference in Tacoma it is only a month away so register soon so we can get a good count on the amount of food needed.

The on-line auction will be starting in a couple of weeks so if you have any plants to donate please contact me.

Sorry I have not been on the site more often but between a new job, moving, conference planning, and some other ABS items I do not have as much time to devote to this site. After the ABS conference things should settle down and I can get back to the todo list.

Bill
foxd
Location info: 21

Re: ABS At-Large election and other items

Post by foxd »

Also please include your name so I know who voted.
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

The legal issues that will arise when the undead walk the earth are legion, and addressing them all is well beyond what could reasonably be accomplished in this brief Essay. Indeed, a complete treatment of the tax issues alone would require several volumes.
mantis
Location info: 22

Post by mantis »

bambooweb wrote: Also if you are going to the ABS conference in Tacoma it is only a month away so register soon so we can get a good count on the amount of food needed.
I was so hoping to make it to the conference, but my dad (who was going to watch our kids when my wife and I went to the conference) just had a couple emergency operations, and he's not allowed to travel for 4-6 weeks :(

Maybe next year.
ghmerrill
Location info: 26

Post by ghmerrill »

just think of how much more fun you could have if you left your wife home! no one to tell you not to bid on those rare plants, no one drag you away from all the conversations about bamboo, bamboo, beer, and more bamboo....

no one to tell you that you cant go sightseeing at all the local microbrewerys........
Jerry Hamilton
Location info: 0

Post by Jerry Hamilton »

just think of how much more fun you could have if you left your wife home! no one to tell you not to bid on those rare plants, no one drag you away from all the conversations about bamboo, bamboo, beer, and more bamboo....

no one to tell you that you cant go sightseeing at all the local microbrewerys........
Sure sounds like a plan!!!!!!!!!!!
Redneck Bamboo Plantation
Sheridan, Arkansas
mantis

Post by mantis »

Pipe down you two. :P
ghmerrill

Post by ghmerrill »

just cause now you realize what you are missing out on! :shock:
bambooweb
Site Admin
Location info: 1

Post by bambooweb »

mantis wrote:I was so hoping to make it to the conference, but my dad (who was going to watch our kids when my wife and I went to the conference) just had a couple emergency operations, and he's not allowed to travel for 4-6 weeks :(

Maybe next year.
So he cannot travel, what stops the kids from traveling to him. :D

After all there is a bar in the conference hotel so no one has to remember how to get back.

Bill
mantis

Post by mantis »

bambooweb wrote:
So he cannot travel, what stops the kids from traveling to him. :D

After all there is a bar in the conference hotel so no one has to remember how to get back.

Bill
Maybe some 3 & 5 year olds can travel 1300 miles nicely on their own, but mine would have the plane completely disassembled by the time it got to Mpls. :laughing1:
ghmerrill

Post by ghmerrill »

Just make sure your oldest leaves home his cordless sawzall... I hear that TSA can be harsh in their interegation techniques, and I would hate to see your 4 year old waterboarded to find out what terrorist plots he is aware of!