Plant Labels

Anything that does not fit in another Forum...

Moderator: needmore

foxd
Location info: 21
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Plant Labels

Post by foxd »

After much research, my latest approach in my quest for durable plant labels is the Brothers Model PT-2700 Electronic Labeling System. It uses a tape which is supposed to resist fading due to sunlight, heat, cold and water. The 1/2 inch labels fit perfectly on the Gardener's Choice Plant Labels. I will let people know how the labels hold up.
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

The legal issues that will arise when the undead walk the earth are legion, and addressing them all is well beyond what could reasonably be accomplished in this brief Essay. Indeed, a complete treatment of the tax issues alone would require several volumes.
Jeff: Igor's Apprentice
Location info: 0

RE: Plant Labels

Post by Jeff: Igor's Apprentice »

I think that got good reviews on the daylily forum. Labels are important for daylily hybridizers because the foliage is often totally non-distinct and even flowers can sometimes be confused.
foxd

Post by foxd »

I like the fact I can control it from my computer and save the label layouts. I had been using another labeller, but I was noticing that the labels were turning yellow after only a few weeks. I found that Brother makes a garden labeller that uses TZ labels. A bit of research found that the TZ labels were very durable and it didn't really matter what type of labeller I got, just as long as it used TZ label tape. So I got a fancy one that could even do barcodes. I could barcode the bamboo! :)
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

The legal issues that will arise when the undead walk the earth are legion, and addressing them all is well beyond what could reasonably be accomplished in this brief Essay. Indeed, a complete treatment of the tax issues alone would require several volumes.
bambooweb
Site Admin
Location info: 1

Post by bambooweb »

I have been using the PT-1950 for a little over a year and the labels still look good.

Before switching to the Brother labels I used white vinyl laser labels and I still have some that look good after three years. The problem with them is you have to print a whole sheet at a time because if you run the sheet through multiple times the labels could come off in the printer.

Bill
foxd

Post by foxd »

Bill, the PT-1950 also uses the TZ label tape. The vinyl tapes also look like they would last a while. The plastic tape used by the Dymo labelers starts turning yellow very quickly.
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.