Hello

test messages for practice or testing the forum

Moderator: needmore

Iowaboo
Location info: 32

Hello

Post by Iowaboo »

This is not a test. If you opened this message by mistake, you must now leave a message after the question mark

?
rfgpitt
Location info: 24

RE: Hello

Post by rfgpitt »

?
aren't you a little young to be nippin on the corn whiskey?
Rick
Markj
Location info: 0

Post by Markj »

Bamboo...Please note... This plant is seriously addictive and you may lose interest in other, less rewarding plants!
Roy
Location info: 6
Location: Tampa, Florida, USA,............Florida's SunCoast <Zone 9B-10A>

Re: RE: Hello

Post by Roy »

rfgpitt wrote:?
aren't you a little young to be nippin on the corn whiskey?

Maybe bamboo sake? :lol:
--------------------------
Roy Rogers
Southern Tampania de la Floridana Universidad (STFU)
STFU Motto: All Bamboos are not Created Equal; @ STFU, the Search Continues
:wave: ROY'S BAMBOO LIST
Iowaboo

Post by Iowaboo »

Ok, that reminds me of an interesting article.

Man fired for getting gassed on spilled ethanol at work

Cory Neddermeyer had a blood alcohol level that was double what is considered to be lethal.

CLARK KAUFFMAN
REGISTER STAFF WRITER

An Iowa judge has denied unemployment benefits to a man who claimed discrimination after being fired from an ethanol plant for drinking "automobile fuel" produced by the company.

Cory Neddermeyer, 42, was fired in April from Amaizing Energy in Denison, where he worked as a maintenance technician. The company produces ethanol fuel for vehicles in a formula that includes a high concentration of alcohol.

Neddermeyer was fired after an April 21 incident at the Denison plant. According to Neddermeyer, he showed up for work that morning and saw that there had been a spill of fuel alcohol. Hundreds of gallons of 190-proof alcohol were contained in a 6-inch-deep holding pond that was about 30 feet by 24 feet.

It proved to be too much to resist, Neddermeyer said.

"I am a recovering alcoholic, and I thought about the availability of this alcohol throughout the day," he wrote in a statement later provided to state officials. "Curious about the taste and its effects, I dipped into this lake of liquor and drank what I considered to be 2 to 3 ounces. The next thing I remember is waking up in Crawford County Memorial Hospital."

Neddermeyer had been found by his co-workers in an incoherent state, unable to say his name or the day of the week.

He was taken to a hospital, where his blood-alcohol level, according to state records, was reported at 0.72 - nine times the legal limit for driving, and almost double the level that is considered potentially fatal for many adults.

He was briefly hospitalized for acute alcohol intoxication, during which time his employer searched his work area and allegedly found three empty pop bottles that contained trace amounts of the fuel.

At a subsequent state hearing on Neddermeyer's request for unemployment benefits, plant manager Jeff Bruck expressed shock at Neddermeyer's actions.

"This is a fuel alcohol," Bruck testified. "This is an explosive product."

The liquid had not been blended with gasoline.

At the hearing, Administrative Law Judge Teresa Hillary asked Neddermeyer, "Why would you drink fuel?"

"I don't have a good explanation for that," he replied. "Curiosity?"

Neddermeyer argued that his employer shared in the responsibility for the incident because the spill at the plant provided an "opportunity" for him to drink.

He also argued that Amaizing Energy was discriminating against him due to his "disease of alcoholism."

He asked Hillary whether the protections afforded him under the Americans with Disabilities Act could be applied to his request for unemployment benefits.

"The fact that you're an alcoholic does not excuse your behavior," Hillary replied. "You're not allowed to come into an unemployment hearing and say, 'I'm an alcoholic so I don't have to live with the misconduct standards.' "

Hillary denied the request for benefits, saying Neddermeyer had committed job-related misconduct that could have resulted in his death.

"The employer has a right to expect employees not to drink the fuel," Hillary ruled. "Just because some of the ethanol leaked onto the floor is not a good reason for the claimant to drink automobile fuel."

Court records indicate Neddermeyer has twice been convicted of driving while intoxicated.

Neddermeyer said Thursday that he has been struggling with alcohol for at least 10 years and is now getting additional help.

"Things were going pretty well until that day at work," he said.
test
foxd
Location info: 21
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Post by foxd »

Not surprising, there are people who try and get high on freon. I guess it's the lack of oxygen in their lungs.

http://www.tampabays10.com/news/waterco ... =39539&s=f
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

The legal issues that will arise when the undead walk the earth are legion, and addressing them all is well beyond what could reasonably be accomplished in this brief Essay. Indeed, a complete treatment of the tax issues alone would require several volumes.
mantis
Location info: 22

Post by mantis »

Is this the new "Off-Topic" forum? Or possibly the "Really, REALLY Off-Topic" forum. :joker:
Iowaboo

Post by Iowaboo »

My vote : "Really, REALLY Off-Topic" forum
Iowaboo

Post by Iowaboo »

Good article FoxD
The man, 40-year-old Timothy Alan Bennett, told the officers that he was fixing the air conditioner.
:lol:
BooKing

Post by BooKing »

Lance- only in IOWA... :lol:

Markj- What bamboos are in the pic?

This isn't Off Topic- It's Off The Rocker!!! :lol:
Markj

Post by Markj »

Booking :D , Ph.bissetii and Ps. japonica-Just trying to keep things related :wink:
Bamboo...Please note... This plant is seriously addictive and you may lose interest in other, less rewarding plants!
BooKing

Post by BooKing »

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: Bamboo has been known to cause people to go to extremes to obtain it, especially Parvifolia. :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :!:
Jeff: Igor's Apprentice

Post by Jeff: Igor's Apprentice »

Great article about the fuel drinker.
I can feel an ounce of compassion for the guy...
he didn't smuggle the alcohol in to work and its not like he applied for a job at a brewery or a liquor store.

And with a name like "Amazing Energy" aren't you just begging someone to take a sip? :lol: :lol: :lol: Who doesn't want to have "Amazing Energy"?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!! :lol:

Did you know a mushroom known as "the false morel" contains a poison called monmethylhydrazine which, in concentrated form,is used as a self-oxidizing rocket fuel? Now, THERE'S some Amazing energy for you!
http://www.toothpastefordinner.com/i-wi ... r-sink.jpg
Last edited by Jeff: Igor's Apprentice on Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Markj

Post by Markj »

I wonder if it'll make a good 'boo fert :shock:
BooKing

Post by BooKing »

"Rocket fuel" as a liquid feed for bamboo- So that's why TyTy got there bamboo so big. :lol: