Bamboo north spain

Moderator: needmore

felpeyu
Location info: 0

Bamboo north spain

Post by felpeyu »

Hello friends
I live in the north of Spain, and near my house there is a park in which there is a row of about 20 bamboo trees, I have tried to classify what species they belonged to, but they seemed to me that they had intermediate characteristics between viridis, vivax and bambusoides, it is There may be several mixed types, but I'm not sure, my knowledge of amater reaches there, could the experts help me out?
Attachments
IMG_20190522_204429.jpg
IMG_20190627_202915.jpg
ojo este podria ser viridis por los nudos de acordeon de abajo-IMG_20190627_203149.jpg
dependable

Re: Bamboo north spain

Post by dependable »

The shoots kind of look like vivax, but they usually do not have that deep a groove(but that might just be the photo). P dulcis looks similar, not sure about viridis. I can't help with bambosoides either, but I',m guessing it is phyllostacys. One other possibility is P nuda, if the culm walls are very thick and hard.

Hopefully someone else can help, I only know the ones I've grown.
felpeyu

Post by felpeyu »

thanks for responding dependable
Have you noticed the nodes of the reeds as they are close together on the bottom? That is not typical of the viridis?
some of the shoots have also pruine on the surface, besides the tips of the blades are almost straight, not sinuous, that makes me last
I upload some more pictures of the other bamboo that are next to this

-in these the walls of the culmen seem too thick to be vivax, and the bud color seems very different and does not give a white ring, typical of vivax and viridis, also the bud seems like elliptic instead of rounded
Attachments
IMG_20170701_194117.jpg
ojo este no parece tener anilloo blanco julio -2017IMG_20170701_194156.jpg
bambu ovi-muro-2018-abril-vivax-ojo tiene la seccion un poco asimetrica ocmoe l bambusioides-- ---0089.jpg.jpg
needmore
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Post by needmore »

They do look like Phy viridis, but if so you can tell with your thumb,rub the culm and it will be bumpy especially going up toward the top - on the up rub.
Brad Salmon, zone 12B Kea'au, HI
http://www.needmorebamboo.com