ABS Fall Auction

Post and Discuss bamboo events.

Moderator: needmore

millerlightman02
Location info: 46

RE: ABS Fall Auction

Post by millerlightman02 »

there is no price for the nuda i won?????
Michael Geis
wiener dogs and bamboo
what else is there?
mantis
Location info: 22

Re: RE: ABS Fall Auction

Post by mantis »

ghmerrill wrote:okay.... I won the online auction with a bid of $50, he won it at the live auction for $50? what gives?
That happened to me a couple years ago. I'm guessing what happened was that as the live bidding was going on a live bid got it to $40, your's raised it to $45, and then the live bid put it to $50, which was your max, so the proxy bidder couldn't go higher, and the live bid won.
bambooweb
Site Admin
Location info: 1
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Post by bambooweb »

mantis wrote:
ghmerrill wrote:okay.... I won the online auction with a bid of $50, he won it at the live auction for $50? what gives?
That happened to me a couple years ago. I'm guessing what happened was that as the live bidding was going on a live bid got it to $40, your's raised it to $45, and then the live bid put it to $50, which was your max, so the proxy bidder couldn't go higher, and the live bid won.
That was correct unfortunately the tie goes to the live person. In other cases the the increase in bidding is not enough for the auctioneer to accept or the proxy missed the bid. :oops: If someone would like to be the proxy next year please contact me.

I am still waiting for the results of the plants that were removed for the silent auction. I think all of the web bidders won the plants that do not have a value but I cannot be sure because I had to leave before the results were checked.

Bill
mantis

Post by mantis »

bambooweb wrote: In other cases the the increase in bidding is not enough for the auctioneer to accept or the proxy missed the bid. :oops:
Bill
That was my guess... bid for the distegia went to 100, and next was 110, which was more than my 105. It's fine. If I really want it I can just go to Jim Bonner's site and buy it for almost 1/2 the auction price. :wink:
ghmerrill
Location info: 26

Post by ghmerrill »

well, it is a bummer that the folks who got to the live auction get preference, but i guess that gives another reason for attendance! :)

I appreciate the info Bill.
foxd
Location info: 21

Post by foxd »

I'm confused. I thought I was outbid on the Eremitis. :?
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

The legal issues that will arise when the undead walk the earth are legion, and addressing them all is well beyond what could reasonably be accomplished in this brief Essay. Indeed, a complete treatment of the tax issues alone would require several volumes.
bambooweb
Site Admin

Post by bambooweb »

foxd wrote:I'm confused. I thought I was outbid on the Eremitis. :?
I think I see the problem there was a $55 bid on it.

Bill
mantis

Post by mantis »

bambooweb wrote: If someone would like to be the proxy next year please contact me.
My wife said to pencil her in. :D You might need to ask again in 6 months. :oops:
bambooweb
Site Admin

Post by bambooweb »

mantis, Thanks, I will contact you in 6 months.

I have updated the auction results. I am still missing two auction results but they are ones that did not have on-line bids.

I will send out the rest of the bills tonight and notify the donors as the winners pay.

Bill
bepah
Location info: 36
Location: Brentwood CA The rumor is that we are 9b...I think 10a

Post by bepah »

Bill,

I have to say that I admire all the work you are doing for those who bid on these plants (and other stuff). What you are doing is very tough especially when everyone is waiting anxiously for the results.

Thanks for all of your hard work.

Now for the jealousy part(I get to show off). I won 2 plants at the auction and brought them home last Saturday and put them in the ground on Sunday morning. We have had temps in the high 70s this week with lows in the 50s and expect the same to remain for the next week or so. They are looking good and even leafing a bit.....

all because I am geographically well positioned this year.....next year in Washington, ....maybe not.
John Case
Rookie Gardener
Veteran Drinker
'Circular logic works because circular logic works!'
millerlightman02
Location info: 46

Post by millerlightman02 »

Bill,
Do you send the bill by regular mail or by e-mail? This was my first auction,so I'm not familiar with how it works? Like payment and shipping price.
Michael Geis
wiener dogs and bamboo
what else is there?
bambooweb
Site Admin

Post by bambooweb »

millerlightman02 wrote:Bill,
Do you send the bill by regular mail or by e-mail? This was my first auction,so I'm not familiar with how it works? Like payment and shipping price.
The PayPal bills are sent out by e-mail. Unfortunately they could not find the paperwork for 3 plants that were put in the silent auction and yours is one of them so I have not billed you. The other two plants did not have online bids.

Bill
bepah
Location info: 36
Location: Brentwood CA The rumor is that we are 9b...I think 10a

Post by bepah »

Bill,

The D. latiflorus moved to the silent auction was taken by me. paid at the gate.. Does that help?
John Case
Rookie Gardener
Veteran Drinker
'Circular logic works because circular logic works!'
mantis

Post by mantis »

My wife just called to tell me I had a bamboo delivered :blob8:
boonut
Location info: 20
Location: Harlingen, TX Zone 10, Sunset Zone 27. 33' above sea level. 27 inches of rain/year. 22 Miles to the Laguna Madre. 27 miles to the Gulf of Mexico. 17 miles from Mexico. Lower Rio Grande Valley - Deep South Texas

Post by boonut »

Still waiting on mine. Paid by Paypal the first day.
Allen D. Aleshire
Bamboo Nut Farm

http://www.boonut.com