Posting & signing in probelms

Moderator: needmore

johnw
Location info: 0
Bamboo Society Membership: EBS - Germany

Posting & signing in probelms

Post by johnw »

Virtually every time I sign in and compose a post and go to submit it the site says I am not logged in and asks me to sign in even though my name appears in the upper left corner giving me the logout option.

Today, it did it repeatedly and though I followed the prompts and signed in again and went back to my composition and successfully posted the note and was subsequently asked to review my submitted posting the posting was not there when I signed in later! This seems to happen more often when quoting rather than replying if that helps, or when quoting and deleting the irrelevant part of a quote ( I am very careful not to delete the wrong square bracketed quotes marks at begining and end.

johnw
johnw coastal Nova Scotia
needmore
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Re: Posting & signing in probelms

Post by needmore »

John, I'd suggest that you send a message to bambooweb the site master and describe your problem to him, I thought perhaps he'd see your post over the weekend but he may not have.
Brad Salmon, zone 12B Kea'au, HI
http://www.needmorebamboo.com
johnw
Bamboo Society Membership: EBS - Germany

Post by johnw »

Just sent. Thanks Brad.

johnw
johnw coastal Nova Scotia
bambooweb
Site Admin
Location info: 1
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Post by bambooweb »

Just answered via email.
I don't think that the changes that bluehost have been doing would affect anything.
Normally the problem with the site logging a person out while they are posting is a cookie issue and deleting the old cookies then logging in with sign in automatically checked works.

Bill
vote for someone else for ABS at-large rep.