Photobucket

how to take close-ups and what parts of the plants to get photos of for ID.

Moderators: David, Iowaboo, Thuja

fredgpops
Location info: 0
Location: plus 700ft in the Santa Cruz Mtns, 8 miles from the Pacific
35 miles S. of San Jose

Photobucket

Post by fredgpops »

I've been using photobucket to transfer photos for some time but it seems to have gone south. Looks like they are tryng to tie into social networking. Moved to flickr. Rgds
Alan_L
Location info: 81

Re: Photobucket

Post by Alan_L »

I've been using Photobucket for a couple of years -- not gone south as far as I can tell. All of the photos on my blog are hosted by Photobucket.
fredgpops
35 miles S. of San Jose

Post by fredgpops »

Can't upload anymore. Upload screen is locked up.
ocimum_nate
Location: American Fork, Utah High Desert, elevation 4566 feet, zone 5 or 6 depending on which source.

Post by ocimum_nate »

anyone know how to post pictures from flickr or 500 px?
Hibanobambusa shiroshima 'Tranquilans' by ocimum_nate, on Flickr
Last edited by ocimum_nate on Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fredgpops
35 miles S. of San Jose

Post by fredgpops »

Re flickr - upload is straight forward. Click share after upload. Adjust size and click BBcode. Picture is copied and ready for paste on your post. Much faster than photobucket, easier plus far less ads. Good help support as well. Rgds
Alan_L
Location info: 81

Post by Alan_L »

Fred -- to be fair I use a Pro account on Photobucket, so can't say what the free account experience is like. From what I remember before I went Pro it was the same with the free account though. I find Photobucket to be quite easy to use -- comparable to Flickr. Maybe there's an incompatibility with your browser or OS version. (I'm not advocating one over the other -- just giving my experience with it.)
fredgpops
35 miles S. of San Jose

Post by fredgpops »

Just know something changed that caused a problem - ie hang up. Never liked the barrage of ads and videos on photobucket. Way too busy plus it impacted speed of downloads and uploads. Far less time and complexity on Flickr in my estimation. I can get a photo on the website in at least 1/2 time using Flickr even when Photobucket performed at its best. Best of all, Flickr help line provides better service for bumbleberries like me. Rgds
rickw
Location info: 84
Location: Theodore, AL, just south of I-10 and 1 mile from Mobile Bay, barely 8b

Photobucket

Post by rickw »

I kept getting a message on this forum for Tapatalk to use with my IPhone, so I bought it for $2.99. You can snap a pic with your phone and when you want to comment on the forum there is an option to upload photo. Easy to use but I didn't see an option to resize photos.
bamboothew

Post by bamboothew »

I'm using tapatalk right now! When I've posted pictures it has automatically resized, and gives 2 different size options. However, the earlier today it put the same picture in a post and I couldn't edit it out. Usually works pretty well, though!
Here's one I just took of my spectabilis:
God Bless,

Matthew

===============================

Genesis 2:8 And the Lord God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there He put the man whom He had formed.
stevelau1911
Location info: 42

Post by stevelau1911 »

I usually use photobucket now to upload my pictures. It takes about 4 seconds to upload each picture and I can upload as many as I want simultaneously, but the is a 10mb limit for each month which I normally don't need. If I use it up, I'll just upload with picasa or flickr.
ocimum_nate
Location: American Fork, Utah High Desert, elevation 4566 feet, zone 5 or 6 depending on which source.

Post by ocimum_nate »

Jeff: Igor's Apprentice

Post by Jeff: Igor's Apprentice »

Nate, I really like your picture. I'm kind of mesmerized on how the focus is on the one shoot going in a different direction from the rest. It also reminds me of that old quip about vintage Star Trek where everyone is falling in one direction except one actor who is falling in the opposite direction. Don't know why that came to me when I saw your picture, but it did. :lol:
justin venter

Post by justin venter »

Has anybody tried using deviantart.com to host pics?
Wannabe Green Thumb.