Upsize pics 2012

how to take close-ups and what parts of the plants to get photos of for ID.

Moderators: David, Iowaboo, Thuja

bamboothew
Location info: 0

Upsize pics 2012

Post by bamboothew »

Argh, I don't know what's goin on :oops:
Last edited by bamboothew on Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
God Bless,

Matthew

===============================

Genesis 2:8 And the Lord God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there He put the man whom He had formed.
bamboothew

Re: Upsize pics 2012

Post by bamboothew »

I thought it would be fun to have a thread with nothing but upsize pics, and by that I mean pictures showing this year's new shoots towering over their predecessors. Here's what I mean. It's hard to believe this moso has already finished shooting in march! The tallest new shoot is about 7 feet and most of them are just starting to branch out now, perfect time for this sort of picture! Well, apparently I can't figure out how to post the picture right-side up :)
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1332347020163.jpg
God Bless,

Matthew

Genesis 2:8 And the Lord God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there He put the man whom He had formed.
foxd
Location info: 21
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Post by foxd »

I ran into a similar problem with a picture. I finally imported it into Irfanview, rotated and saved it. That fixed it.
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

The legal issues that will arise when the undead walk the earth are legion, and addressing them all is well beyond what could reasonably be accomplished in this brief Essay. Indeed, a complete treatment of the tax issues alone would require several volumes.
canadianplant

Post by canadianplant »

I still get the point :D I only hope I can post some pics here in late april early may!
pokenei

Post by pokenei »

Nice up-size. Well, with that much foliage remaining from last year, I'd expect something like that.

I was hoping my Nuda would upsize too. But I think I over protected mine and suffocated it instead. In short, complete top kill and possibly root kill also. Still waiting anxiously to see any shoot, up-size or not.
canadianplant

Post by canadianplant »

Pokenei, how did you protect it? Was it bent to the ground and mulched, or just left up and wrapped?
pokenei

Post by pokenei »

I mulched it, wrapped it pretty much air tight, then placed a bucket over it, and then another layer of plastic wrap.
The bamboo plant itself was small and weak to begin with, and the grasses around it had grown just as tall and really thick. I thought wrapping the grasses along with the bamboo can provide extra warmth.

When I uncovered it though, the bamboo and grass were all wet and rotting. That was what kills, not the temperature, which has been mild for much of the winter. Also, I found the mulch underneath the wrappings were still frozen with ice when the temperature had been in the teens for days, implying the wrapping did it job well of keeping temperatures stable.
rickw
Location info: 84
Location: Theodore, AL, just south of I-10 and 1 mile from Mobile Bay, barely 8b

Upsize pics 2012

Post by rickw »

Image How's this for upsizing, Ph Nigra shoots over 15' tall with 1" diameter culms, from a division that averaged 10'.
bamboothew

Post by bamboothew »

Nice!
God Bless,

Matthew