Turmeric

Other plants we have or landscape elements like ponds.

Moderator: needmore

foxd
Location info: 21
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Turmeric

Post by foxd »

I've been considering growing some turmeric and can't decide whether to grow the yellow or orange type. Any suggestion as to the best type to grow and why?

UPDATE: Krogers got some rhizomes in so it looks like my choice is orange.
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

The legal issues that will arise when the undead walk the earth are legion, and addressing them all is well beyond what could reasonably be accomplished in this brief Essay. Indeed, a complete treatment of the tax issues alone would require several volumes.
foxd

Re: Turmeric

Post by foxd »

An update! One of the Turmeric rhizomes has put up a shoot! Hopefully it will survive and grow.
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

The legal issues that will arise when the undead walk the earth are legion, and addressing them all is well beyond what could reasonably be accomplished in this brief Essay. Indeed, a complete treatment of the tax issues alone would require several volumes.
foxd

Post by foxd »

I'm not sure about this plant. It seems to be growing but the leaf it has put out is awfully pale looking. I have moved it to a larger pot and watered it with a weak fertilizer. I have no idea if this is normal for Turmeric. On the plus side it does appear to be growing. :?
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

foxd

Post by foxd »

It's now putting out its third leaf and looking greener. Success!
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

foxd

Post by foxd »

The rest of the Turmeric rhizomes are now putting up shoots. Looks like I will have about five plants.
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.