BAMBOOWEB.INFO
It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:18 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 3:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:08 am
Posts: 354
Location: Dovercourt ,Harwich,U.K.
I just love this timber bamboo


Attachments:
93B62A6E-F0A0-4C5D-924F-AF1AB4407AD4.jpeg
93B62A6E-F0A0-4C5D-924F-AF1AB4407AD4.jpeg [ 293.34 KiB | Viewed 718 times ]
7B5064CB-7C20-4D04-9F4F-39063797346F.jpeg
7B5064CB-7C20-4D04-9F4F-39063797346F.jpeg [ 310.95 KiB | Viewed 718 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 3:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 230
Location: Comox,BC
Me too. Such a great color. Gets huge too.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 2:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:08 pm
Posts: 28
Location: SW Missouri
Its one of my favorites as well. Mine turns red quickly with the strong sun light here so I don't get to enjoy the fine stripes for long. Mine does put out a few green culms with yellow sulcus so its a nice mix.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 3:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:08 am
Posts: 354
Location: Dovercourt ,Harwich,U.K.
Tyke-A wrote:
Its one of my favorites as well. Mine turns red quickly with the strong sun light here so I don't get to enjoy the fine stripes for long. Mine does put out a few green culms with yellow sulcus so its a nice mix.

They look really good with huangwenzhu mixed in, do you have any photos of yours?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 5:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:33 pm
Posts: 105
Location: Central Scotland
I hope my Ph. huangwenzhu will sport some yellow culms. Only 3 new culms this year and a slight upsize. I have had to stake after the winter, too.

_________________
Boohoo?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 10:09 am
Posts: 242
Location: Austria
iain wrote:
I hope my Ph. huangwenzhu will sport some yellow culms. Only 3 new culms this year and a slight upsize. I have had to stake after the winter, too.


I'm not so sure huangwenzhu will easily sport huangwenzhu inversa.

What I do know is that vivax aureocaulis does tend to sport all the other forms here and there (i.e. plain green vivax, vivax huangwenzhu and huangwenzhu inversa)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:08 pm
Posts: 28
Location: SW Missouri
I'll try to get some photos this week end. I got mixed up when I said mine was throwing green with yellow culms. It was my Harbin Inversa that is doing that.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:08 am
Posts: 354
Location: Dovercourt ,Harwich,U.K.
Nicholas wrote:
iain wrote:
I hope my Ph. huangwenzhu will sport some yellow culms. Only 3 new culms this year and a slight upsize. I have had to stake after the winter, too.


I'm not so sure huangwenzhu will easily sport huangwenzhu inversa.

What I do know is that vivax aureocaulis does tend to sport all the other forms here and there (i.e. plain green vivax, vivax huangwenzhu and huangwenzhu inversa)

Does huangwenzhu Inversa sport huangwenzhu? Like your self I have seen Aureocaulis sport huangwenzhu


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:14 pm
Posts: 4604
Location: Esparto, CA
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America
Deane wrote:
Nicholas wrote:
iain wrote:
I hope my Ph. huangwenzhu will sport some yellow culms. Only 3 new culms this year and a slight upsize. I have had to stake after the winter, too.


I'm not so sure huangwenzhu will easily sport huangwenzhu inversa.

What I do know is that vivax aureocaulis does tend to sport all the other forms here and there (i.e. plain green vivax, vivax huangwenzhu and huangwenzhu inversa)

Does huangwenzhu Inversa sport huangwenzhu? Like your self I have seen Aureocaulis sport huangwenzhu


Mine in IN 'sported' Aureocaulis.

_________________
Brad Salmon, zone 9 Esparto, CA
www.needmorebamboo.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:33 pm
Posts: 105
Location: Central Scotland
iain wrote:
I hope my Ph. huangwenzhu will sport some yellow culms.
I think maybe I shouldn't have butted into this thread. When I said "yellow culms" I meant the f. aureocaulis, having read P. Whittaker's description of huangwenzhu and it's potential.

_________________
Boohoo?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:42 pm
Posts: 1465
Location: Middle Tennessee (Murfreesboro) USDA Zone 6b/7a Record low Jan 1966 -14*F Frost free April 21-Oct.21 Location Details
Hello everyone. This grove of Vivax H.I. 'Savannah' Has been in the ground since 2008, and was started from rhizomes. Adam Turtle, Roger Lewis Sr., Roger Jr.,and myself were walking through the groves at the Savannah Bamboo Farm And Coastal Gardens, and noticed this sport from an aureocaulis grove. The groves had just been edged with a rooter, and lots of rhizomes were exposed. I asked permission of the director to collect some, and potted them up when I got home. They all survived, and were true to H.I. Several of you have this clone from trades with me. The largest culm is a little over three inches. The grove covers 33 paces X 30 paces. It has turned out to be more hardy than the aureocaulis clone which I planted in 2006, which top killed this last winter. The flag pole is 25'.


Attachments:
IMG_8745.JPG
IMG_8745.JPG [ 1.27 MiB | Viewed 179 times ]
IMG_8738.JPG
IMG_8738.JPG [ 1.88 MiB | Viewed 179 times ]
IMG_8721.JPG
IMG_8721.JPG [ 1.83 MiB | Viewed 205 times ]

_________________
David Arnold
Middle Tennessee Bamboo Farm
USDA zone 6b
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group