Uploading images

Moderator: needmore

Roy
Location info: 6
Location: Tampa, Florida, USA,............Florida's SunCoast <Zone 9B-10A>

Uploading images

Post by Roy »

Bill,

I uploaded a picture of B. oldhamii to test out the uploading process. There was no place to type in the "Location" category as the first picture uploaded does show. Also, I scrolled down and picked the name of "B. oldhamii" during the uploading process, but nothing appears for the name with the uploaded picture.

PS: I'm at work and I don't have access to my regular email at home. I am using Win98. I'll check uploading images on my Mac G4 OS X (10.26) when I get home.

Roy Rogers
Tampa, Fl.

Re: Uploading images

Post by Guest »

Roy
Thanks, I think I have corrected those now.

Bill
Roy
Location info: 6
Location: Tampa, Florida, USA,............Florida's SunCoast <Zone 9B-10A>

Post by Roy »

Bill,

I didn't get a chance to see about uploading images on my Mac last night, but do you have preferred sizes for the images; both in width and height, plus MB size?

PS: We've got another hurricane baring down on us, so I might be out of commission for a while if it hits Tampa or anywhere nearby.

Roy Rogers
Tampa
bambooweb
Site Admin
Location info: 1
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Re: Uploading images

Post by bambooweb »

I think the limit on picture size is 2Meg. But you do not have to make them that big!! Around 100K is good for people with slow internet connections but if the picture needs more detail then go for it.
The thumbnail pictures scale correctly so the pictures do not have to be square.

Thanks and stay safe. Frances looks bad.

Bill