uk oasis muerte

Moderator: needmore

needmore
Location info: 0
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

uk oasis muerte

Post by needmore »

Bill, the UK Oasis garden forum is being officially killed off by the moderators so the links on our link page will be dead ones. BTW, I believe that the entry in the species table needs an 'n' to be a 'm' in Pleioblastus kodzumae.
Brad Salmon, zone 12B Kea'au, HI
http://www.needmorebamboo.com
bambooweb
Site Admin
Location info: 1

RE: uk oasis muerte

Post by bambooweb »

Brad,
Do you know why they are shutting it down? I know they were having problems last week but I thought they had that fixed.

I will fix the Pleioblastus kodzumae. :oops: I never said I could type.
:)
Bill
needmore

Post by needmore »

There is a post from one of the moderators explaining why, it sounded to me like they had intended to have a highly experienced participant curve to the forum but it had grown to newbys asking entry level questions and they didn't want it to become that. Then it became higer maintenance because of the high volume and they were being flamed by some folks for moderation so time to kill it off I guess.

I bet that they'll start a very limited access forum up soon and keep it the way they intended.

How are you doing with this one - still enjoying the work? Need any backup help? Anyone fed you new plants lately?
bambooweb
Site Admin
Location info: 1

Post by bambooweb »

Brad,
When I looked at the site yesterday I could not see the posts. I guess I had to log in first to see the posts. :oops:

The last couple of months have been tough on time. With the connection problems and being hacked along with getting everything ready for the ABS meeting (Website Report, PNWChapter Report, Source List Report, Auction...) and the power company putting in a new line and shutting off the power a couple of times a day but things are looking better. I am thinking about moving hollenback.com to bluehost and setting it up as a test sight for additions here. We can then crash the test site without messing up the data here and if bluehost works out better it would be easier to move this site.

The last time I backed up I forgot to remove the old backup and ended up with a 1.7GB backup file. :shock: I thought I was back on dial-up when I downloaded that one. :lol:

Mike has offered me a B. ventricosa 'Kimmei' when the weather warms back up. It is currently 20*F here so it is a bad time to ship plants. I am going to have to update my plant list with this years acquisitions and deaths.

Bill
mantis
Location info: 22

Re: RE: uk oasis muerte

Post by mantis »

bambooweb wrote:
Mike has offered me a B. ventricosa 'Kimmei' when the weather warms back up. It is currently 20*F here so it is a bad time to ship plants. I am going to have to update my plant list with this years acquisitions and deaths.

Bill
It's still a baby, but by the time it is warm enough in your neck of the woods to ensure that it doesn't freeze en route it will be big enough to divide. :lol:

needmore

Post by needmore »

I'll check our your list when you get it updated.
Markj

Post by Markj »

Oasis is dead, long live Oasis...

http://growingontheedge.net/viewforum.php?f=2
Bamboo...Please note... This plant is seriously addictive and you may lose interest in other, less rewarding plants!