Everything goes to the bottom of the post

Moderator: needmore

Roy
Location info: 6
Location: Tampa, Florida, USA,............Florida's SunCoast <Zone 9B-10A>

Everything goes to the bottom of the post

Post by Roy »

I've experienced this problem for a long time, but though maybe it was just me, but I post in other forums and I don't have this problem.

If I am typing a post and I want include an emoticon, why does it appear at the end of the post and I then have to copy, paste, and delete the original emoticon? These also do the same thing even though I have my insert marker in the middle of the text:

Code: Select all

[b][i][u][quote][list][list=][img][/img][url][size=9][/size][/url][/list][/list][/quote][/u][/i][/b]

It doesn't seem logical that everything would go to the bottom of the post. I can highlight the text and apply certain features but everything else goes to the bottom of the post.
--------------------------
Roy Rogers
Southern Tampania de la Floridana Universidad (STFU)
STFU Motto: All Bamboos are not Created Equal; @ STFU, the Search Continues
:wave: ROY'S BAMBOO LIST
Roy

Re: Everything goes to the bottom of the post

Post by Roy »

Roy wrote:I've experienced this problem for a long time, but though maybe it was just me, but I post in other forums and I don't have this problem.

If I am typing a post and I want include an emoticon, why does it appear at the end of the post and I then have to copy, paste, and delete the original emoticon? These also do the same thing even though I have my insert marker in the middle of the text:

Code: Select all

[b][i][u][quote][list][list=][img][/img][url][size=9][/size][/url][/list][/list][/quote][/u][/i][/b]

It doesn't seem logical that everything would go to the bottom of the post. I can highlight the text and apply certain features but everything else goes to the bottom of the post.
Bill,

I'm still having this problem and it is aggravating. Only applies to this forum and no other forum I use.
Roy Rogers
mantis
Location info: 22

RE: Everything goes to the bottom of the post

Post by mantis »

It is a minor irritant, but you can just highlight what you want to copy/paste/delete, and just click and drag it to where you want it in your post. Not a fix, but easier than copy, paste, delete. :)
Roy

Re: RE: Everything goes to the bottom of the post

Post by Roy »

mantis wrote:It is a minor irritant, but you can just highlight what you want to copy/paste/delete, and just click and drag it to where you want it in your post. Not a fix, but easier than copy, paste, delete. :)
You're right and until a fix comes along, then I'll go with your suggestion. I thought maybe I was the only one having this problem.
Roy Rogers
mantis
Location info: 22

Re: RE: Everything goes to the bottom of the post

Post by mantis »

Roy wrote:
You're right and until a fix comes along, then I'll go with your suggestion. I thought maybe I was the only one having this problem.
Nope, you're not alone which is one reason why I just type in the emoticons rather than clicking on them to insert them into my post. The only problem I run into is my favorite emoticon is :laughing1:, which on all other boards I'm on is :laughing:. I tend to forget where I am sometimes, so I end up having to edit a lot of my posts to fix my typo.

I also like :blob8:, which is : bounce : on some other boards. The :) :D :( are pretty universal though.