Kurt's Question on other Topics

Moderator: needmore

Mike McG
Location info: 71

Kurt's Question on other Topics

Post by Mike McG »

Kurt wrote "...How does everyone feel about having some unofficial topics like ponds or conifers or palms added to the list?..."

Kurt,

I would like to see the focus of this site remain strongly "Bamboo" but agree that most of us have other gardining interest and discussions tend to wander when one of these are brought up in passing (Mea Culpa). I enjoy these diversions but I would not like to see them take over the entire site and therefore suggest they not be encouraged with their own specific topics. Maybe one general "off topic catagory."

Mike near Brenham TX
Iowaboo
Location info: 32

Post by Iowaboo »

I say any general non-bamboo topics belong in
Discussions Anything that does not fit in another Forum...
With such a generalization I could talk about peanut butter soup in that forum.
I tend to get offtopic in every thread, but my imagination runs wild sometimes :roll: . Hey, its winter, let it be 8)
rfgpitt
Location info: 24

Post by rfgpitt »

I like the idea. Bamboo alone does not complete a garden. Companion plants/landscape are always needed. Maybe rename Discussions to "Off Topic" to make more clear (especially for newbies & visitors).
Rick
rfgpitt

Post by rfgpitt »

oh......

and I know a bunch of you PNWers are on the other side of the fence, and I promise not to rub in the results of the Super Bowl too much.
(sorry for being off-topic before decisions have been made....I've already punished myself by smacking the back of my mouse hand :violent1: )
Rick
bambooweb
Site Admin
Location info: 1
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Post by bambooweb »

Rick
:seahawks: Watch out if the SeaChickens win I might have to change the forum colors to the Seahawk colors. :seahawks:

Bill
rfgpitt

Post by rfgpitt »

You're on!

Although, the Seahawks colors wouldn't be too bad. The Black and Gold may take more getting used to.
Rick
Iowaboo
Location info: 32

Post by Iowaboo »

I don't think one could get used to black , would you even be able to read any of the writing on here with black background and black lettering. Or maybe the lettering would be a little visually different and you would just have trouble reading the text.

:roll: , oh dear :!:
kstanwick
Location info: 0
Location: Stillwater NJ z6a Sussex county. 20 minutes from the Del. Water Gap.

topics

Post by kstanwick »

I prefer to keep bamboo topics separate but as we all know.....threads do seem to stray....that way we can all keep it separate....If it all becomes a jumbled mess down the road i know everyone in here has the ability to "bend" and we can restructure or whatever you might call it. Obviously its bill's call. in the beginning i asked Bill for that discussion forum just for that.....off topic things....I'm glad to hear other people want to know about other plants/gardens to compliment the bamboo they grow. I would rather discuss something else in my yard with someone who uses bamboo vs going to a pond forum and talk with someone who doesn't want to achieve the same "look" i do.....this should actually fall under the disscusion forum lol....but whatever...its here....
Kurt Stanwick
Stillwater NJ z6a

Kurt's Garden
boonatick
Location info: 0

Post by boonatick »

I am very in line with Mike McG's post(BTW,hi Mike),and I definatly see the point of kstanwick's,,,there should be no problem at all if off topic subjects have an off topic heading and as he says we can always discuss it again if it wanders too far,rgds all
Kaylen. zone 8 borderline b.near Boerne Texas