Green house heater

Anything that does not fit in another Forum...

Moderator: needmore

marcat
Location info: 28

Green house heater

Post by marcat »

Think I have found an fuel low expence green house heater. It is and old wood stove heater from the 14th centry. with mocification it might make a great heat source in a green house burning sheep wood at a 90% + efficancy. With a llong term heat release. The are called Kachelofen stoves german/austrian origin. They new style iron wood stoves work on the same concept but do not have the heat absorbing mass. That absorbtion means the heat is released slowly. Some of these sources claim 12hours of realease meaning you have a freeze coming on you can stoke up the stove in the evening and have heat till morning. For you guys up north that means you have to restoke the fire box but down south here its just night we have to watch out for.
The construction involves a complicated maze for the heat to travel thru before release to the chimney with only a 200C temp at release the rest staying in the stove to keep plants happy.
Will post more as I experment with this system.
MarCat
Alan_L
Location info: 81

Re: Green house heater

Post by Alan_L »

marcat wrote:with only a 200C temp at release the rest staying in the stove to keep plants happy.
You typed an extra "0" I hope. "200C" sounds pretty hot to me.
marcat
Location info: 28

Re: Green house heater

Post by marcat »

No a regular wood stove is a lot hotter at the chimmney, wasted heat these stoves retain the heat alot better.
MarCat