Places named bamboo

Anything that does not fit in another Forum...

Moderator: needmore

bambooweb
Site Admin
Location info: 1
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Places named bamboo

Post by bambooweb »

As part of the new ABS website I am moving the journals to the publications page and I notices an article on bamboo postage and it had a cancellation from a post office in Bamboo, NC. There was also a Bamboo post office in Jamaica.

Are there any other places named bamboo?

Bill

PS See a preview of the new ABS website at: http://www.bamboo.org/29thparallel/
Alan_L
Location info: 81

Re: Places named bamboo

Post by Alan_L »

I thought I had found a file from the US Census Bureau that listed all towns and cities in the US, but apparently it was only those over a certain population. I'll keep looking though.

The ABS has needed a new site for a long time, and the new design looks great! (Haven't tried to find any info yet, just took a quick look.)
foxd
Location info: 21

Post by foxd »

I consulted my GPS and it found Bamboo, NC and Bamboo, FL.
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

The legal issues that will arise when the undead walk the earth are legion, and addressing them all is well beyond what could reasonably be accomplished in this brief Essay. Indeed, a complete treatment of the tax issues alone would require several volumes.
bambambooboo
Location info: 0

Post by bambambooboo »

Last edited by bambambooboo on Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Without bamboo, the land dies." ~~saying
Alan_L
Location info: 81

Post by Alan_L »

Nice link! To filter that "bamboo" list down a little, changing the search to "populated places" returns only two results:

Bamboo, FL and Bamboo, NC
foxd
Location info: 21

Post by foxd »

Alan_L wrote:Nice link! To filter that "bamboo" list down a little, changing the search to "populated places" returns only two results:

Bamboo, FL and Bamboo, NC
Yeah, I just searched the list of cities on my GPS and got the same two results. I probably could came up with a huge list if I used the "Places of Interest" option, though that would be mostly chinese restaurants.
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

The legal issues that will arise when the undead walk the earth are legion, and addressing them all is well beyond what could reasonably be accomplished in this brief Essay. Indeed, a complete treatment of the tax issues alone would require several volumes.