Everybody in the US please read this...

Anything that does not fit in another Forum...

Moderator: needmore

canadianplant
Location info: 0

Everybody in the US please read this...

Post by canadianplant »

They are trying to ban growing veggies and other things in your back yard. And aslo making it illegal to sell certain home grown veggies.... Pleasr do not let this happen

http://www.naturalnews.com/030418_Food_ ... seeds.html
David
Location info: 30
Location: Middle Tennessee (Murfreesboro) USDA Zone 6b/7a Record low Jan 1966 -14*F Frost free April 21-Oct.21

Re: Everybody in the US please read this...

Post by David »

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." - Thomas Jefferson
David Arnold
Middle Tennessee Bamboo Farm
USDA zone 6b
canadianplant

Post by canadianplant »

amen david...

This explains it a bit more

http://foodfreedom.wordpress.com/2009/0 ... lize-them/
Alan_L
Location info: 81

Post by Alan_L »

Didn't something like this come up a year or two ago, and didn't the wording of the bill (if it was read carefully enough) exempt growers under a certain size so it wouldn't affect home gardens, small growers, or farmers markets?

I may not be remembering correctly, but it was something like that. There was a panicked outcry at that time too.
canadianplant

Post by canadianplant »

This came up before elections, and was forgotten about untill the state elections were done. To me it doesnt matter how it effects one group or another, because it will inevitably effect everyone. Instead of asking yourself how it would effect you, askk how it would effect countless farmers and everyone as a whole. In short they basicly change the definition 9 in law terms) of seed, to a food product, which in turns makes it federaly controllable under the FDA WHO and other corperations.

It also states that most tools farmers and we use at home, are not clean enough to use for food..... Its all in the articles and the net.

If you oppose this, please write everyone you know about this, and write your local senetor, to say no
Alan_L
Location info: 81

Post by Alan_L »

Basically, if a business (farm, restaurant, roadside stand, etc.) did not have to register under the Bioterrorism Act of 2002 as a food facility, then the business will not be affected by this bill.
That's the thing I was looking for.
foxd
Location info: 21
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Post by foxd »

Something about this whole thing seems wrong. Weren't the president and first lady encouraging people to grow gardens last year? For that matter, who introduced this bill? That would tell us a lot about what is really going on with it!
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

The legal issues that will arise when the undead walk the earth are legion, and addressing them all is well beyond what could reasonably be accomplished in this brief Essay. Indeed, a complete treatment of the tax issues alone would require several volumes.
ghmerrill
Location info: 26

Post by ghmerrill »

several years ago the USDA was proposing a plan, in the name of "biosecurity" that would have required anyone with an animal to have that animal microchipped, logged on a federal database, and there were fines and penalties involved should you fail to update the database within 24 hours for the animal being moved, or if it had young, or died. didnt matter if you had a single chicken in the back yard, or a whole flock of them, or any other animal. the proponents of the bill were large factory food processors.

I used to think my parents were crazy and laugh at all thier conspiracy theory ideas, but dang, if you follow the money superhighways through DC, it seems pretty obvious that if they can controll your food and water, you will do whatever is nesicary to keep it coming. things like this always start out targeting a minority of examples "for the good of all", then once they are on the books, its sooooooo easy and tempting to tighten them down a bit at a time until they affect pretty much all of us not living wall to wall in an apartment complex in some major metro area.

your food, what you can do with your property, even your water.... once upon a time in America ANY person who tried to enforce most of the laws that are on the books today regarding property and personal freedom would have been shot and dumped in a hole by any sane person. today its "normal" to go the airport and let some perfect stranger feel up you or your wife in the name of security. Wow. at some point we have to decide it we want security or Freedom. I personaly belive that they are mutually exclusive.

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/news/201 ... owns_N.htm

"However, he said that the new search techniques were necessary because tests of airport security had repeatedly identified the old pat-downs as inadequate. That weakness took on new relevance after a passenger aboard a Northwest Airlines jet on Christmas day last year smuggled a bomb in his underwear. The bomb ignited, but did not explode and the plane landed safely.

Body scanner machines, which have been deployed by the hundreds since last year's plot, would have detected that bomb, Pistole has said. But more aggressive searches were required for those passengers who cannot go through the scanners.

"If you are asking me, am I going to change my policies? No," Pistole told the committee.

The combination of scanners and more aggressive searches have prompted several high-profile incidents at airports. Some pilot unions and passenger groups have said they will urge people to boycott the scanners, forcing TSA officers to pat down thousands of additional travelers.

The scanners, which can peer under clothing to spot suspicious items, were seen by TSA as a less invasive way to improve security without forcing people to undergo the new pat-downs.

Sen. George LeMieux, R-Fla., said that the pat-downs had gone too far.

"I'm frankly bothered by the level of these pat-downs," he said. "I've seen them first hand at airports in Florida. I wouldn't want my wife to be touched like that"
anyone remember what "HIGH" security was like right after 9/11? i had to fly to Alaska in November that year. That was all a joke compared to "NORMAL" airport security today.
foxd

Post by foxd »

Getting back to the supposed ban on growing veggies...

I did a quick search on the bill number and found this:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/organic.asp

As a side note, the problem with conspiracy theories is that bogus conspiracy theories are the ones that spread because there is no conspiracy to suppress the knowledge of them. The real conspiracies don't get talked about because talking about them is dangerous. This is why I don't take most conspiracy theories seriously.

BTW, if you really enjoy conspiracy theories there is this:
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

The legal issues that will arise when the undead walk the earth are legion, and addressing them all is well beyond what could reasonably be accomplished in this brief Essay. Indeed, a complete treatment of the tax issues alone would require several volumes.
canadianplant

Post by canadianplant »

Hmmmm its intersting never the less.

Just labeling someting a consiricy theory, gives it that stigma which isnt fair. I havent found anything to label this bill as 100% false. The bill actualy is comming out, and is being dealt with in the senete. The big problem here, is with how the terms of the bill have been interpreted.

Granted, they never say they will ban gardening, or organic gardening or anything, but if you read between the lines, there can be some limplications do these rules, becasue they are so vauge in the bill. They dont say exactly what they will do with what to be exact. The billstates that the givernment will mandate " harvesting and storing seeds". It doesnt exactly state who what where when and why. I think this is why people are making a big deal with this.

I wanted to bring this to your attention to take it for what it is. It isnt conpiracy, it isnt fear mongering, I only wanted you to take this information as information. Even if most of what has been said about it is untrue... think of what will happen to farmers, and or local people who sell things to a farmers market when they are forced to buy new machinery and what not? Im thinking in terms of everybody, not just myself.... ( not saying anyone here is)

Sure, there are some bogus theories out there, but labeling something that doesnt seem right or true a conpiracy theory isnt very fair at all ( im not saying anyone directly). For example. Roswell. What do you think the best way to cover up something that the givernment didnt want out? To talk about it, and make fun of it to make it sound totaly ludicris and label it a consiracy theory.

To be honest, some of the bill isnt even that bad. Although, it does suggest that there are no minimum standards in the states for food..... Of course it would be a good thing to have stricter regulations for safer food and be able to controll food comming in to the country better. Im also not saying that farmers should be able to do what they want. To be honest, i bet half of the tainted food is becasue you guys get lots of food from other countries who have slim to no regulations.
foxd

Post by foxd »

One objection is that the text of the bill doesn't even mention the word "seed". I would think that a bill that supposedly gives the government the power to mandate "harvesting and storing seeds" would use the word "seed" somewhere in the text.

To my mind the websites that are raising the alarm against this bill by knowingly spreading untruths about the bill in order to stop the bill, are fear mongering.

As far as the term "conspiracy theory" goes, I don't really have good or bad feelings to something labelled as a conspiracy theory. I realize a conspiracy theory can turn out to be true. However, one needs to take a good hard look at it to see if you should believe it or not. It is surprising how many April Fools news stories turn up six months later as conspiracy theories. (See "Iraqi Printer Virus" for starters.)

Yes, one can make fun of just about anything, however most conspiracy theories have such gapping holes in the logic they really are ludicrous when they are pointed out.
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.