When Dogs Dig

Anything that does not fit in another Forum...

Moderator: needmore

Eastlandia
Location info: 0

When Dogs Dig

Post by Eastlandia »

Can Dogs detect the fast growth of rhizomes and shoots? they seem to always dig during those seasons Or is it maybe a mole? The wanted to dig an area in my Atrovaginata grove so badly yesterday. Maybe im just paranoid. -Eastlandia
Brian T. Lawrence
Southern Indiana (2002-2011)
Fort Myers Florida (2012-2013)
Tanzania (2014)
Iowaboo
Location info: 32

RE: When Dogs Dig

Post by Iowaboo »

More movement of life in the spring which attracts dogs. Winter is boring, except for the yummy snow and occasional vole they chomp on. But once spring is here, there is so much for the dogs to do. But my dog doesn't dig in my bamboo. Some animals just know better than crossing me.
8)
Eastlandia

Post by Eastlandia »

wanna switch dogs? haha just kidding
Brian T. Lawrence
Tanzania (2014)
Markj

Post by Markj »

My springer ate some new Vivax shoots a few years back..........it's never touched any since :roll: :roll: :roll:.
Bamboo...Please note... This plant is seriously addictive and you may lose interest in other, less rewarding plants!
CadyG
Zone 6b

Like Kyuzo (pictured above) in "The Seven Samurai," I've "...Killed (more than) two..." bamboos.

Post by CadyG »

Dogs aren't the problem at my house. Skunks are. They are as bad as armadilloes when they smell something underground that they think is food. Usually grubs or earthworms. I come out in the morning to find "meteor" craters all over. So far they haven't damaged any rhizomes, but the digging has been uncomfortably close to my bissetii.
Cady G.
"Killed two..." -- Seiji Miyaguchi/Kyuzo
Eastlandia

Post by Eastlandia »

My dogs like to chew on rhizomes...they must like the 'spring' in them. They wont touch dry culms for they splinter. Oh, and they also chew on leaves...to lazy to bend over to the other grass evidently.... Shoots are here! Henonis peeked last night. had 4 inch growth on Alata shoot yesterday too. .5 inch diameter -Eastlandia
Brian T. Lawrence
Tanzania (2014)