Internet Security 2010 Trojan

Anything that does not fit in another Forum...

Moderator: needmore

foxd
Location info: 21
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Internet Security 2010 Trojan

Post by foxd »

I ran into this on a computer today for the first time. :evil:

It is a rather nasty Trojan program that apparently installs itself before the user knows what is happening! In this case the user clicked on a link in Yahoo Cars, it immediately installed and held his computer hostage. The user then made the mistake of buying the "full" version and then waiting a week to tell me about this. :evil:

This looks like it is going to be a real nasty one. :evil:
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

The legal issues that will arise when the undead walk the earth are legion, and addressing them all is well beyond what could reasonably be accomplished in this brief Essay. Indeed, a complete treatment of the tax issues alone would require several volumes.
ghmerrill
Location info: 26

Re: Internet Security 2010 Trojan

Post by ghmerrill »

we let a friend whos computer was down come over and use ours last year to do some online classes.... while she was here, she was surfing around, and clicked on one of those trojan popups that say "virus detected, click here"

yah, fun stuff....

now I know why her computer was down!
foxd
Location info: 21
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Post by foxd »

The Dilbert website has been causing that dialog box at times. I suspect an infected ad that occasionally shows up on the site.

If you move the dialog box to the side you can see the browser window hidden behind it. I use task Manager to shut the browser window down.

If you get real curious you can look in your "temporary internet files" folder and see the files downloaded. The index.htm file can be opened with notepad to safely look at the heavily encrypted javascript.
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

The legal issues that will arise when the undead walk the earth are legion, and addressing them all is well beyond what could reasonably be accomplished in this brief Essay. Indeed, a complete treatment of the tax issues alone would require several volumes.
ghmerrill
Location info: 26

Post by ghmerrill »

good info to know. I know that some of those programs will download even if you click the "x" in the upper right corner, so task manager is the only way to get rid of them.