El Nino

Anything that does not fit in another Forum...

Moderator: needmore

fredgpops
Location info: 0
Location: plus 700ft in the Santa Cruz Mtns, 8 miles from the Pacific
35 miles S. of San Jose

El Nino

Post by fredgpops »

El nino is back this winter. I have 35 inches of rain vs 17 this time last year. The good news: we have been below normal for a couple of years. This may get our water reserves back to normal. The bad news: you guys east of us are getting hammered with snow. I'm estimating 50 inches for the year so keep your shovels and/or sand bags handy. Early signs of spring here so I'm guessing it will be a sand bag issue. Good Luck & rgds
stevelau1911
Location info: 42

Re: El Nino

Post by stevelau1911 »

I hope it ends soon because it has been cloudy almost every day for the last 2 months so my greenhouse plants are getting very little sunshine.Through December to February, temperatures have stayed below freezing & below average for all, except a 10 day thaw in late January and the forecast doesn't show any improvement.

It would help if April and May turn out to be sunny for at least 1/2 the days and start warming up. I think having good sunshine is probably the most important part to having a good shooting season because you can always add water.
marcat
Location info: 28

Re: El Nino

Post by marcat »

The most honorable Seer CatMar predicts that 'La Nina' will be back around April or early May. Makes you wonder which to wish for...wet and cold or hot and dry. Hope we all get enough moister to handle it if it happens.
MarCat