bamboo vendors

Anything that does not fit in another Forum...

Moderator: needmore

kstanwick
Location info: 0
Location: Stillwater NJ z6a Sussex county. 20 minutes from the Del. Water Gap.

OK

Post by kstanwick »

Well the cats out of the bag....Yup Rich is the guy....His prices certainly have jumped since i bought some of his stuff. I emailed him about making up a group order and get a price break. He told me he is using organic cotton along with the bamboo fiber. hence the price increases. I was going to get a few new tshirts or maybe try the socks out. But i figured if anyone else wanted to get something...well i don't want to pay 17 for a tshirt knowing last year i was getting them for 8....Of course everyone has to earn a living...but ...well i was just throwing out the thought.
Kurt Stanwick
Stillwater NJ z6a

Kurt's Garden
rfgpitt
Location info: 24

Post by rfgpitt »

probably the supplier to the group I bought from on ebay. also, probably why that group is no longer there. that is quite a hike in price. :shock: hope we can get stuff cheaper.
Rick
kstanwick

guessing

Post by kstanwick »

Rick i'm guessing that they bought some from rich wholesale.....i don't know about now but he used to sell wholesale lots of shirts.....even a container if we wanted to.....Anyway he is the main source. when i bought various sizes and styles he had to get stuff in then ship it so the reliability wasn't there yet...now might be a different story....Does anyone have an interest in getting any shirts or whatever he might have for sale?? I'm sure if we contact him as a group he will give us some savings. Perhaps have one spokesman for all of us....but if we order 100 different items i'm sure we will get some kind of break.
Kurt Stanwick
Stillwater NJ z6a

Kurt's Garden
needmore
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Post by needmore »

The store I manage in Honolulu (Kokua Market, a natural foods coop on S. King St. - (shamelss plug)) still has some of them that I believe we got cheap enough that we're selling them for $10 each at retail. Problem for me is that the only colors left in my size are not my cuppa....If folks want some I can check to see what is left and I'd be willing to ship them. I know there are several mustard yellow ones :x , and 3-4 other colors.
Brad Salmon, zone 12B Kea'au, HI
http://www.needmorebamboo.com
bambooweb
Site Admin
Location info: 1

Post by bambooweb »

Does anyone know how the fabric holds color? My folks just got a shirt printer so I will try it out on some of the shirts I have. Jade mountain also had shirts at $10 but I have not checked with them since the price increase.

Bill
needmore

Post by needmore »

Bill, another coop I work for did a test to see if printing would hold up and they said that it held up very well, as did the color.
Brad Salmon, zone 12B Kea'au, HI
http://www.needmorebamboo.com
BooKing

Post by BooKing »

Mustard yellow? Yuk. I am not a fashion critic but I wouldn't be caught dead in that color.
kstanwick

Post by kstanwick »

i got one...lol..... but i think it was a freebee.....the one i have on right now is the heavy pocket t with the small "b" embroidered on it. so far the nicest one i got.
Kurt Stanwick
Stillwater NJ z6a

Kurt's Garden