Hurricane Ike

Anything that does not fit in another Forum...

Moderator: needmore

marcat
Location info: 28

RE: Hurricane Ike

Post by marcat »

Sorry I guess I shouldn't do inside jokes on the forum (exspecialy with typos) Mantis told Outlaw and me that the 2.5 year old has a taste for succulents. Like to nibble on them.
MarCat
The cook out sounds good and yes his wife does great burgers.
mantis
Location info: 22

Re: RE: Hurricane Ike

Post by mantis »

marcat wrote:Outlaw you better lick up all the succulents....
MarCat
Yeah, Spencer loves the Chicken and Hens. Kid is a nut. He has never met a succulent he doesn't love (to eat). :lol:
Bamboo Outlaw
Location info: 0
Location: We are less than one hour south of downtown Houston. We are located in Wild Peach, Texas located half way between Brazoria and West Columbia. Exit hwy 36 onto County Road 354. Take County Road 353 west . Go approximately 2.4 miles. We are on the left.

Post by Bamboo Outlaw »

This fall like weather certainly has me thinking cookout time and bamboo tour again. It won't be long.
Steve Carter
Carter Bamboo
http://www.carterbamboo.com

cell (979)665-1897
Brazoria, Texas
mantis

Post by mantis »

Fall weather? It's been in the low 90's for the last few days. :laughing1:
marcat

Post by marcat »

Steve if you can come down here before that (real soon) and bring your trailer we can take the boat out and you can bring some of Galveston back with you. The debrie from Ike is starting to pile up on our beaches , tons and tons of it. Plastics mainly, pots, rubbermaid containers (empty and full) oil cans (the plastic type full) ect .... also lumber some good copper arsnic treated stuff thats so hard to find now a days. And this is with a continuos north wind. Sooner or later and the standard south east wind will kick in and and we are going to look like a NY City dump.
Going to be interesting to see what I will find in all that mess the only thing that is bothering me is that the National Guard is still flying around low and scary. I guess they are looking for casualtys still. I do not want to find one.
MarCat
boonut
Location info: 20
Location: Harlingen, TX Zone 10, Sunset Zone 27. 33' above sea level. 27 inches of rain/year. 22 Miles to the Laguna Madre. 27 miles to the Gulf of Mexico. 17 miles from Mexico. Lower Rio Grande Valley - Deep South Texas

Post by boonut »

Bamboo Outlaw wrote:This fall like weather certainly has me thinking cookout time and bamboo tour again. It won't be long.
Count me in on the boo tour. The first tour to your house a number of years ago was the first "boonut" tour. That is how I came up with the name boonut. I still remember carrying around a Compaq Ipaq and asking you to "pronounce that again". I still have pics of that tour. I especially remember the D. Minor "amoenus" and the frog sitting on it.

I remember Betty's house... very good tour. This time I may lag behind the tour group with a shovel... oops, I mean camera. :P :oops: :wink:
Allen D. Aleshire
Bamboo Nut Farm

http://www.boonut.com
boonut
Location: Harlingen, TX Zone 10, Sunset Zone 27. 33' above sea level. 27 inches of rain/year. 22 Miles to the Laguna Madre. 27 miles to the Gulf of Mexico. 17 miles from Mexico. Lower Rio Grande Valley - Deep South Texas

Post by boonut »

Here are a couple of pics from the first ever boonut tour...

Allen D. Aleshire
Bamboo Nut Farm

Bamboo Outlaw
Location: We are less than one hour south of downtown Houston. We are located in Wild Peach, Texas located half way between Brazoria and West Columbia. Exit hwy 36 onto County Road 354. Take County Road 353 west . Go approximately 2.4 miles. We are on the left.

Post by Bamboo Outlaw »

How those plants have grown since then! I waited until then to do a tour because I thought the plants were finally big enough to see! I give you a call...
Steve Carter
Carter Bamboo

cell (979)665-1897
Brazoria, Texas
mantis

Post by mantis »

Well it finally hit last night... my right forearm is covered with poison ivy rash. I washed as soon as I got home from Outlaw's place, and I've scrubbed every night with Tecnu, but it looks like it didn't get it all gone. I ordered some Oral Ivy today, but hopefully by the time that gets here this bout will be gone. Hopefully if I take the Oral Ivy it will put a stop to any future attacks. :)
marcat

Post by marcat »

I have heard dilluted clorine rinse will destroy the stuff from poison ivy (jump in a swiming pool deluted).
MarCat
bambookid524

Post by bambookid524 »

For bad rashes, go to a doctor and usually they will prescribe some Cortizone ( a steroid). It helps stop the itch and make the swelling decrease.

If not too bad, there is a Cortizone Spray, made by "Band-Aid". (The best working thing I have found)
Bamboo Outlaw

Post by Bamboo Outlaw »

Mantis, I feel bad you got in the stuff. I never noticed much at the farm as i am not allergic. The woods behind the house are covered in it.
Marcat, you should take some beach pics. I would be interested to see all the debris washing up. What a mess.
Steve Carter
Carter Bamboo

cell (979)665-1897
Brazoria, Texas
Flashburn

Post by Flashburn »

I have only used this on poison oak, but it works by changing the chemical structure of the oil so your body stops reacting to it immediately.

For me it works 100%

its called all stop.

the best part is - you get to scratch it into the skin! AHHHHH oh so nice. then the dam rash doesn't itch anymore. Says right on the bottle to scratch lightly.

any way If you get that crap get this stuff!

edit forgot the link again

http://www.allstop.com/poison-ivy/poiso ... agodRzKYiw
marcat

Post by marcat »

Steve planing on going to the Island tomorrow need to remember to take the camera. Went out in the bay today and there is tons of junk mainly plastics and wood there. The Gulf beach has to be worse.
MarCat
boonut

Post by boonut »

Bamboo Outlaw wrote:Mantis, I feel bad you got in the stuff. I never noticed much at the farm as i am not allergic. The woods behind the house are covered in it.
That's the same story Outlaw gave me after he had me in on my stomach in the weeds (poison ivy) taking pictures of a beaver cutting trees in a local pond. I had not seen poison ivy since I left Kentucky. We don't have that stuff here. :lol: :lol: :oops:
Allen D. Aleshire
Bamboo Nut Farm