Declaring war on the neighbors...

Anything that does not fit in another Forum...

Moderator: needmore

mantis
Location info: 22

Declaring war on the neighbors...

Post by mantis »

In the last month my next door neighbor has put up a fire engine red wooden shed, bought a large trampoline, and just yesterday put up a big jungle gym/play fort for their kids. :(

Time for me to put in something that gets a little taller than 'Golden Goddess'. I guess I also need to move my satellite dish to some place that isn't such an eyesore.

Last edited by mantis on Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iowaboo
Location info: 32

RE: Declaring war on the neighbors...

Post by Iowaboo »

lol, welcome to the world of disposable income. Is that trampoline close enough for them to hop over your fence?
Roy
Location info: 6
Location: Tampa, Florida, USA,............Florida's SunCoast <Zone 9B-10A>

Re: Declaring war on the neighbors...

Post by Roy »

mantis wrote:In the last month my next door neighbor has put up a fire engine red wooden shed, bought a large trampoline, and just yesterday put up a big jungle gym/play fort for their kids. :(

Time for me to put in something that gets a little taller than 'Golden Goddess'. I guess I also need to move my satellite dish to some place that isn't such an eyesore.

[img]........[/img]
Put in a nice row of B. textilis to cover the sight of the fort and gym set. With B. textilis, and its upright growth habit, you won't have to worry about your neighbor complaining that your bamboo is weeping over the fence and the kids can't use the gym set. (I really can't tell how close the gym set is to the fence, but just in case....)
--------------------------
Roy Rogers
Southern Tampania de la Floridana Universidad (STFU)
STFU Motto: All Bamboos are not Created Equal; @ STFU, the Search Continues
:wave: ROY'S BAMBOO LIST
mantis

Re: RE: Declaring war on the neighbors...

Post by mantis »

Iowaboo wrote:lol, welcome to the world of disposable income. Is that trampoline close enough for them to hop over your fence?
Probably. It is way too close for comfort. They've had the white polled trampoline for a year or so, but for some reason they had to buy a second one and put it right against the fence.
Roy wrote:Put in a nice row of B. textilis to cover the sight of the fort and gym set. With B. textilis, and its upright growth habit, you won't have to worry about your neighbor complaining that your bamboo is weeping over the fence and the kids can't use the gym set. (I really can't tell how close the gym set is to the fence, but just in case....)
Roy, The blue thing is a cage for the new trampoline. I think it's at most 3' from the fence. I'm thinking of moving my tuldoides to block the view.
Roy

Post by Roy »

mantis wrote:...

Roy, The blue thing is a cage for the new trampoline. I think it's at most 3' from the fence. I'm thinking of moving my tuldoides to block the view.
B. tuldoides would be a nice option. Very erect with thick walls.
Roy Rogers
boonut
Location info: 20
Location: Harlingen, TX Zone 10, Sunset Zone 27. 33' above sea level. 27 inches of rain/year. 22 Miles to the Laguna Madre. 27 miles to the Gulf of Mexico. 17 miles from Mexico. Lower Rio Grande Valley - Deep South Texas

Post by boonut »

If they bounce over into your yard, plant a big B. Bambos and let it "weep" over into their front yard... Might also take care of anyone jumping on a trampoline.

My Bambos just reached across the alley into the neighbor's back yard about 8 feet. I cut it back to the alley. :twisted:
Allen D. Aleshire
Bamboo Nut Farm

http://www.boonut.com
mantis

Post by mantis »

boonut wrote:If they bounce over into your yard, plant a big B. Bambos and let it "weep" over into their front yard... Might also take care of anyone jumping on a trampoline.

My Bambos just reached across the alley into the neighbor's back yard about 8 feet. I cut it back to the alley. :twisted:
Your bambos is a monster. I was at John Nelson's place and he said he was getting rid of all his really tropical boo. I asked him what he had left, and he said just some ugly stuff like bambos. I let him keep it. :laughing1:
foxd
Location info: 21
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Post by foxd »

mantis wrote:I guess I also need to move my satellite dish to some place that isn't such an eyesore.

This might be just the thing for your yard:
http://www.dish-rock.com/
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

The legal issues that will arise when the undead walk the earth are legion, and addressing them all is well beyond what could reasonably be accomplished in this brief Essay. Indeed, a complete treatment of the tax issues alone would require several volumes.
mantis

Post by mantis »

foxd wrote:
Neat idea, but spendy... $300 for "rock" + $100 shipping. :shock:
Roy

Post by Roy »

mantis wrote:
foxd wrote:
Neat idea, but spendy... $300 for "rock" + $100 shipping. :shock:
I can't quite figure out if these "rocks" are hurricane proof?
Roy Rogers
Jeff: Igor's Apprentice
Location info: 0

Post by Jeff: Igor's Apprentice »

I've been studying Feng Shui and what you'll need to win this war is a full scale cannon pointed directly at them. Of course, you'll need to stick it on your roof so that they can see it. That should do them in. :lol:
mantis

Post by mantis »

Jeff: Boo Shroom wrote:I've been studying Feng Shui and what you'll need to win this war is a full scale cannon pointed directly at them. Of course, you'll need to stick it on your roof so that they can see it. That should do them in. :lol:
Of course! I can't believe I didn't see it sooner. Thanks :)

The stakes have been raised... I have come to find out that their dog is the source behind the lovely "dog piles" that have been appearing in my lawn recently. Oh, did I mention that they also got 2 puppies in the last month?

I think I just need to napalm their yard. angry9:
needmore
Location info: 0
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Post by needmore »

Find your favorite form of Phy. bambusoides, plant it about 2 feet in front of the fence, barrier on your side. I think the Bambusoides might take your mild winters O.K. and there are some very handsome forms. In a couple of years you can enjoy their bamboo privacy screen and watch them move the yard toys back from the fence.
Brad Salmon, zone 12B Kea'au, HI
http://www.needmorebamboo.com
mantis

Post by mantis »

needmore wrote:Find your favorite form of Phy. bambusoides, plant it about 2 feet in front of the fence, barrier on your side. I think the Bambusoides might take your mild winters O.K. and there are some very handsome forms. In a couple of years you can enjoy their bamboo privacy screen and watch them move the yard toys back from the fence.
I have a few ground covers that I was wondering what I should do with, and I think that you are on to something with this idea... :thumbup:
mantis

Post by mantis »

Two years later, and they are almost gone... 8)