Cool. Former one's have entered the palace!

Anything that does not fit in another Forum...

Moderator: needmore

Roy
Location info: 6
Location: Tampa, Florida, USA,............Florida's SunCoast <Zone 9B-10A>

Re: bill once again you did it..

Post by Roy »

chele wrote:bill i think you should of told all of us in the bamboo phonix group about this forum and i would of been in here sooner....<snip>
chele
Chele,

Some times the best kept secrets are the secrets that are kept the best. :lol:
--------------------------
Roy Rogers
Southern Tampania de la Floridana Universidad (STFU)
STFU Motto: All Bamboos are not Created Equal; @ STFU, the Search Continues
:wave: ROY'S BAMBOO LIST
chele
Location info: 0
MTNs-.Mountain City,Tn 37683 area ,just a mile from NC/19 miles south of VA.- USDA Zone 6 Sunset 36 elavation 2500'-3000' Mountain Top-min temp -2 /..20-40F. average temp-north faceing slope mild summers seldom over 100/ 85-90 a

sorry

Post by chele »

Bambooking wrote:Now you tell me after all my posts about the ABS :oops: :oops:
sorry bambooking..u gotta understand i am a blonde..at times i don't run on a cylinders..i type with one finger so not to confuse my mind useing two :withstupid: this is i at times
group owner of:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bamboo_world

Co-Mod http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bamboo

Stress is when you wake up screaming and realise you haven't fallen asleep yet.

I live in my own little world,but it's okay,they know me there.
chele
MTNs-.Mountain City,Tn 37683 area ,just a mile from NC/19 miles south of VA.- USDA Zone 6 Sunset 36 elavation 2500'-3000' Mountain Top-min temp -2 /..20-40F. average temp-north faceing slope mild summers seldom over 100/ 85-90 a

Re: bill once again you did it..

Post by chele »

Roy wrote:
chele wrote:bill i think you should of told all of us in the bamboo phonix group about this forum and i would of been in here sooner....<snip>
chele
Chele,

Some times the best kept secrets are the secrets that are kept the best. :lol:
lol@roy....our buddy bill invited me..im doing my best to get kinder in here as well as others..its a very powerfull group in that it has a good program and can branch out on many subjects for all.....kinder did say he will join but hes got company so might be a day or so..
group owner of:

kstanwick
Location: Stillwater NJ z6a Sussex county. 20 minutes from the Del. Water Gap.

forum

Post by kstanwick »

Chele, I can honestly say that the forum has come about until the last few months. There weren't many members and the activity was limited until recent. Look at the dates of when people joined the forum and you can see that is only maturing now. There were also a bunch of fine tuning that had to be done early on....so much wasn't said about it. At least those are my thoughts...
Kurt Stanwick
Stillwater NJ z6a

Kurt's Garden
Iowaboo
Location info: 32

Post by Iowaboo »

I don't think I've seen stockwell(gw) over here, yet.
Remember the flexousa screen he has!

Most of you know what I'm talking about. :roll:

8)

Via the stockwell prophesies
kstanwick
Location: Stillwater NJ z6a Sussex county. 20 minutes from the Del. Water Gap.

your right

Post by kstanwick »

Yes i do remember and yes i haven't seen him around either....Glad to see kudzu has made the turn....always a valuable resource in my book
Kurt Stanwick
Stillwater NJ z6a

Kurt's Garden
chele

looks great lance

Post by chele »

lkz5ia wrote:I don't think I've seen stockwell(gw) over here, yet.
Remember the flexousa screen he has!

Most of you know what I'm talking about. :roll:

8)

Via the stockwell prophesies
lance just think,in a few years you will not see those homes at all ..you will see nothing but pretty boo

i have a bunch planted and more coming so i can block out the trailers and all sign of non natural items..so all ill see from my mtn top is bamboo and trees as far as the eye can see
group owner of:

CadyG
Zone 6b

Like Kyuzo (pictured above) in "The Seven Samurai," I've "...Killed (more than) two..." bamboos.

Post by CadyG »

Stockwell lives less than a 10 minute walk from my house. He has visited my 'boo (while walking his pooch), though I've not returned the visit yet -- I do want to see how his plants are faring.

I'll drop an e-mail to him and see how he and his crops are doing. In 2004 he rigged up a tarp and a string of lights to keep his 'boo warm in the unusually cold winter, but had mixed results.
Cady G.
"Killed two..." -- Seiji Miyaguchi/Kyuzo
Iowaboo

Post by Iowaboo »

blondie wrote:lance just think,in a few years you will not see those homes at all ..you will see nothing but pretty boo

Chele, those are houses stockwell won't see. See above post.

8)
leslie123

Post by leslie123 »

I'm another GW transfer ... just a newbie, though. I planted 8 B. multiplex yesterday ... had to quit when the shovel broke. This is the 2nd shovel to break in 3 months. (My soil is a bit hard.) Maybe I need one of those super-shovels ya'll have been discussing.

I'll be going on the LGCC trip to Avery Island the first weekend of March. Anybody else going?

Leslie
z8; Southeast Louisiana
chele

shovel-boo

Post by chele »

leslie123 wrote:I'm another GW transfer ... just a newbie, though. I planted 8 B. multiplex yesterday ... had to quit when the shovel broke. This is the 2nd shovel to break in 3 months. (My soil is a bit hard.) Maybe I need one of those super-shovels ya'll have been discussing.

I'll be going on the LGCC trip to Avery Island the first weekend of March. Anybody else going?

Leslie
z8; Southeast Louisiana
hello leslie
michele here..do you have clay for soil?..if you do its not hard to break a shovel unless you can find one of the old 'king of spade' shovels or a bamboo shovel i have that i hear was made by them.....if ya be digging in a moso groove you need a strong shovel..damm rhizomes are think and tough..my friend kinder from tx will be there..you want to know about bamboo ask him a zillion question and he will be happy to help ya
group owner of:

boonatick

Post by boonatick »

[quoteI'll be going on the LGCC trip to Avery Island the first weekend of March. Anybody else going?

Leslie
z8; Southeast Louisiana[/quote]
I went last year and am also going this year
Kaylen. zone 8 borderline b.near Boerne Texas
leslie123

Post by leslie123 »

Michele - yes, my soil is definitely clay. In most places, the first 6" isn't too hard when it's slightly moist - it was a grassy cow field, so the "topsoil" isn't bad, although it's nitrogen deficient. I may have to work a King of Spades into the budget. I am trying to decide whether or not to grow moso - I have a 20x40 area where I'd like it, but after seeing the heavy equipment used for timber bamboo, I may stick to the small/medium stuff. But moso is so pretty. I can't wait to see the grove at Avery Island.

Leslie
Southeast Louisiana, Zone 8
Iowaboo

Post by Iowaboo »

Two timber bamboos that might handle the less than ideal situations such as clay soil, ect. would be phyllostachys viridis and phyllostachys nigra 'henon'

I've heard about viridis forgiving many clay soil fanatics. Supposedly moso, when grown in less than ideal situations, will try to send its runners through the core of the earth to reach its motherland, china :lol:
ok, maybe not.
chele

clay soil treatment

Post by chele »

leslie123 wrote:Michele - yes, my soil is definitely clay. In most places, the first 6" isn't too hard when it's slightly moist - it was a grassy cow field, so the "topsoil" isn't bad, although it's nitrogen deficient. I may have to work a King of Spades into the budget. I am trying to decide whether or not to grow moso - I have a 20x40 area where I'd like it, but after seeing the heavy equipment used for timber bamboo, I may stick to the small/medium stuff. But moso is so pretty. I can't wait to see the grove at Avery Island.

Leslie
Southeast Louisiana, Zone 8
hello leslie

you might check around and get some gypsum and apply that as it breaks up clay big time..i have a slope to my mtn top so not much gets boggy as it runs off down hill..clay is rich soil..bamboo does not mind clay if its not sitting in water imho from what ive seen...

once you see a moso groove and walk amound the giants you will become addicted lol..

some of the bambusoides are also great with real thick walls..but you should be able to grow many of the bambusa family too.

michele
group owner of: