Japanese Bamboo

Moderator: needmore

windsor888
Location info: 0

Japanese Bamboo

Post by windsor888 »

I need help identifying its scientific name. Its sold here as Japanese Bamboo. Thanks in advance.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Rufledt

Re: Japanese Bamboo

Post by Rufledt »

Not sure if I can help identify the species, but "japanese bamboo" is a name sometimes given to falopia japonica, which isn't bamboo (also called japanese knotweed). "Japanese timber bamboo" is sometimes what Phyllostachys bambusoides is called, but I don't have any of that so I wouldn't be able to identify it from a picture.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

It is a hard to tell from the pictures but I'm pretty confident that this bamboo is not from the phyllostachys genus.
The typical groove and double side-branches are missing for those.

Maybe a tropical clumper?
windsor888

Post by windsor888 »

here's another picture of the japanese bamboo but smaller. Tell me guys what picture you need or closeup so i can take a better picture to help you identify it. its variegated judging from the leaves.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
foxd
Location info: 21
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Post by foxd »

The leaves look rather small and I'm inclined to think it is a Bambusa of some sort.
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

The legal issues that will arise when the undead walk the earth are legion, and addressing them all is well beyond what could reasonably be accomplished in this brief Essay. Indeed, a complete treatment of the tax issues alone would require several volumes.