Small Variegated Plant from Roy Rogers

Moderator: needmore

Michael
Location info: 0

Small Variegated Plant from Roy Rogers

Post by Michael »

Hi All,

This is the third plant, small variegated A. The plant came from Roy Rogers. It does well here but only gets to about 12 inches tall. When it left the pot, out of a bottom hole, the shoots that came up are only 4 inches tall.

It does not have hair on the top or the bottom of the leaves as can be seen in the pictures.

This one begs to be Pleioblastus argenteostriatus. Does anyone see anything that says it should not be?

And Bill, I will not up load the next three plant until you make your changes. (but I will need to know how to included the pics when you finish)

Thanks,

Michael McMillon
bambooweb
Site Admin
Location info: 1
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

RE: Small Variegated Plant from Roy Rogers

Post by bambooweb »

The changes to the plant picture page is finished and has a new line with the BBCode for the forum.

Bill
Roy
Location info: 6
Location: Tampa, Florida, USA,............Florida's SunCoast <Zone 9B-10A>

Re: RE: Small Variegated Plant from Roy Rogers

Post by Roy »

bambooweb wrote:The changes to the plant picture page is finished and has a new line with the BBCode for the forum.

Bill
Seems to work quite well, but I would have listed the image TAG for Bambooweb.info first and the TAG for other forums 2nd, since Bambooweb.info is the top bamboo forum and has the world's largest bamboo image gallery.:D

One question: On a file like this one:

http://tinyurl.com/339q6d

that is 1572K, does your changes reduce the file size, speaking of the 1572K? It's hard for me to tell since I have cable modem and I can't tell the effect on dial-up users.
--------------------------
Roy Rogers
Southern Tampania de la Floridana Universidad (STFU)
STFU Motto: All Bamboos are not Created Equal; @ STFU, the Search Continues
:wave: ROY'S BAMBOO LIST
bambooweb
Site Admin
Location info: 1
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

RE: Small Variegated Plant from Roy Rogers

Post by bambooweb »

Roy,
The file size that is transmitted is smaller so it will take less time on a dialup connection. If you click on the photo it will display the full size picture. I do plan on going into the files and shrinking some of the huge files that do not need the resolution for ID.

Bill