Chimonobambusa marmorea variegata And Chusquea culeou ‘Aisen

Ask questions about growing bamboo

Moderator: needmore

Deane
Location info: 0

Chimonobambusa marmorea variegata And Chusquea culeou ‘Aisen

Post by Deane »

Chimonobambusa marmorea variegata And Chusquea culeou ‘Aisen’ looking healthy but still not shooting, thoughts please
Attachments
E83CE07C-BE6C-470C-8C72-3C330CB03434.jpeg
FC4ABE9A-1489-4812-AC28-2E983B50FFF0.jpeg
iain

Re: Chimonobambusa marmorea variegata And Chusquea culeou ‘A

Post by iain »

Hi Deane, I believe all species of Chimonobambusa, apart from C. tumidissinoda, shoot late. Maybe the Chusquea is putting energy into establishing, or has been dry at the root? With the incredible weather, and all of your new starts, you must have been watering in your sleep, no?
Boohoo?
Deane

Re: Chimonobambusa marmorea variegata And Chusquea culeou ‘A

Post by Deane »

iain wrote:Hi Deane, I believe all species of Chimonobambusa, apart from C. tumidissinoda, shoot late. Maybe the Chusquea is putting energy into establishing, or has been dry at the root? With the incredible weather, and all of your new starts, you must have been watering in your sleep, no?
It’s strange
Chimonobambusa quadrangularis 'Joseph de Jussieu'
Chimonobambusa quadrangularis 'Suow'
chimonobambusa tumidissinoda ' addington have all shooted but someone else on a Facebook group said Chimonobambusa marmorea 'Variegata'was a late shooter, I have been watering like mad in this weather it’s all I seem to be doing lately, we have after 12 weeks now had some good rain the last couple of days so maybe that will make a difference, the Chusquea is small so maybe your right and it’s establishing itself, I am so used to Phyllostachys establishing quick I forget others take some time