Moso Bamboo from seed.

Ask questions about growing bamboo

Moderator: needmore

Big-O
Location info: 0

Moso Bamboo from seed.

Post by Big-O »

I have recently, about 8 weeks ago(more or less) planted some Moso from seed. My seedlings are at about 5 inches tall and some are growing a second branch. What is normal growth for Moso seedlings. Mine are under 4 23 watt (100 watt equivalent) homemade cfl grow lights. I keep the grow box at 50% humidity and 85 degrees. There is a fan blowing on the plants to help strengthen them.
20160619_201837 (Small).jpg
Tarzanus
Location info: 0

Re: Moso Bamboo from seed.

Post by Tarzanus »

Looks healthy! Good luck, I hope it has good genetics, some do not, and like to die suddenly when you introduce them to outdoor conditions.
I love growing bamboos from seed and have successfully grown quite a few. If you need any advice, don't hesitate to ask, this forum has a lot of bamboo experts around. :mrgreen:

I try to write down most of bamboo and garden related stuff on my blog, you may find something too.

Good luck with your Moso. If anyone asks, Moso is the most rewarding seedling you can grow. For me at least. It's hard to get started, picky when it comes to.... well,... everything, but when it starts growing it goes wild.