Hello to all

Ask questions about growing bamboo

Moderator: needmore

Richard
Location info: 0

Hello to all

Post by Richard »

Hi everyone,
I have just registered,have been hanging around in the GW forum for a 18 months or so,and have enjoyed the pics on this site.
I'm in Australia and grow mainly clumpers.
I look forward to chatting with you all.

Richard.
needmore
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

welcome

Post by needmore »

Richard, nice to 'meet' you and welcome to the forum. I don't know how many tropical clumper growers we have on here yet as the forum is in its infancy. I suspect that more will start to speak up but you may not see a lot of replies to your posts such as the black clumper of choice one you posted, until folks with that experience start to speak up.

Personally, with winters that often see -25C the tropicals are pot plants for me and I'm getting tired of dragging the monsters in and out! Our summers reach 35C but we have frost danger until early May and then starting in early October so the tropicals get only about 5 months of outdoors.

Anyway, glad to have you here!
Brad Salmon, zone 12B Kea'au, HI
http://www.needmorebamboo.com
kstanwick
Location: Stillwater NJ z6a Sussex county. 20 minutes from the Del. Water Gap.

Post by kstanwick »

Hello Richard and welcome "to the other side...lol" If you have been hangin in the GW then you know most of the people in here already. I don't know if the tropical clumper people have moved over here yet (i bellieve there are a few) so you might be the authority....I'm relatively new to growing bamboo but just wanted to welcome you. if you have pics to share i'm sure they will be welcome. I'm guessing but i think i am as far away from you as one can get....maybe novia scotia would be more accurate but ...well welcome just the same....
Kurt Stanwick
Stillwater NJ z6a

Kurt's Garden
Thuja
1951: -37*F;
1996: -29*F;
2005: -10*F;
2006: -17*F;
2007: -17*F.

Post by Thuja »

Down Under and Up & Over, and now to the Other Side. This must be like a parallel universe where NJ is right next to Australia. :idea:
--Mike
meat
sw corner of mo zone 6/7 Depends who you ask :)

Post by meat »

glad to see ther eis finally some action on here.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Thanks for the welcome all who replied.
Cheers
Richard. :lol: