Post and Discuss bamboo events.

Moderator: needmore

bambooweb
Site Admin
Location info: 1
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

PNW Fall 2007 meeting

Post by bambooweb »

When: Sunday 11 November 2007 at 11:00 AM Ends: Sunday 11 November 2007 at 03:00 PM
Hosted by PNWCABS member,
Robert Kendrick
Sunday, November 11
Board of Directors Meeting 11 AM to 12 PM
General Member Meeting 12 PM to 1 PM
Enjoy a garden tour, potluck and a presentation
on the ABS national meeting.
Olivia's Garden, LLC
15103 Vashon Hwy SW
Vashon, WA 98070

Island Access by Ferry
Ferry schedule at: http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/ferries/schedules/current/
svendrix
Location info: 25

USDA Zone 6B (possibly 7A/7B/8A depending on who you ask around here, so I am sticking with the most conservative estimate for now)

Elevation 700 feet
Constant winds (10-20 MPH)

RE: PNW Fall 2007 meeting

Post by svendrix »

Hi all!

It just happens that I will be in downtown Seattle at this time, but will be without a vehicle that day. Not sure if it is possible to catch a taxi on Vashon to this location. Does anybody know?

Is there anyone who will be boarding the ferry in downtown Seattle that morning to go to this event, and coming back to downtown Seattle that afternoon/evening that I could catch a ride with? I'll pitch in on the ferry fare! =D

---Sven
svendrix

USDA Zone 6B (possibly 7A/7B/8A depending on who you ask around here, so I am sticking with the most conservative estimate for now)

Elevation 700 feet

Post by svendrix »

Doh, glad I tried to check the ferry schedule. Apparently the Downtown Seattle ferry to Vashon is passenger only (ie no cars?) and doesn't run on the weekends.

The ferry to take is from Fauntleroy (West Seattle) to Vashon, and the schedule is here:

http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/ferries/schedul ... ?route=f-v

According to the lady I spoke to, this ferry can be pretty packed in the mid-mornings and mid-afternoons on weekends.

Directions to Fauntleroy Terminal (from their website)
From I-5 exit 163 to the West Seattle bridge. Over to the community of W. Seattle on to Fauntleroy Way SW. Follow Fauntleroy Way SW to end, past Lincoln Park.

Here is a link to the fare information:
http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/ferries/fares/F ... ingterm=22

---Sven
rfgpitt
Location info: 24

Re: PNW Fall 2007 meeting

Post by rfgpitt »

bambooweb wrote:....and a presentation on the ABS national meeting.
Bill,
If there is an electronic version (power point or a text document), do you think it could be made available to others?

I really wanted to go the the national meeting (even though the drive across PA on the turnpike is about as fun as going to the dentist), but if my back didn't keep me from it, my mom being in the ICU would have pulled me away anyway. Not sure if the Northeast chapter has any plans like this and the only contact I have is the newsletters. Not knock-in anybody, but it seems like the TX & PNW chapters are a lot more active.

Thanks,
Rick
Rick
bambooweb
Site Admin
Location info: 1
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Post by bambooweb »

Rick,
You missed a good show.
I will try to get some photos together and post here. Normally there is a good write-up about the meeting in a future issue of Bamboo. This year no one video taped the event like the last two years so that is not available.

Bill
svendrix

Elevation 700 feet

Post by svendrix »

Bill,

Thanks for sending an email on my behalf. I briefly saw that earlier in the week, but as part of my classes, they are in a building where the email access is closed off in the company firewalls.

I might actually make it after all with a car now, so no worries on this end. We'll see what happens, either I make it or I don't... =D

---Sven