Bamboo Farmers' Market Aug 3-4th Bayside TX.

Post and Discuss bamboo events.

Moderator: needmore

Roy
Location info: 6
Location: Tampa, Florida, USA,............Florida's SunCoast <Zone 9B-10A>

Re: RE: Bamboo Farmers' Market Aug 3-4th Bayside TX.

Post by Roy »

mantis wrote:
boonut wrote:When are you planning on going Mantis... I may meet you up there. I think it is just about 2 1/2 hours north of me.
So it is exactly mid-way between us.

I'm going to try and be there around 11 on Saturday. It'll just be me and Sid. We'll probably stick around for a couple hours and then hit the road by 2pm, so Sid can take a nap on the way home.

Give me a call on Saturday if you make it up there. 8)

-mike.
Hope both of you are packed and ready to go. Hope y'all are "packin' heat" as in cameras. Need some pictures of the Textilis Corpus Christi.
--------------------------
Roy Rogers
Southern Tampania de la Floridana Universidad (STFU)
STFU Motto: All Bamboos are not Created Equal; @ STFU, the Search Continues
:wave: ROY'S BAMBOO LIST
mantis
Location info: 22

Post by mantis »

Roy wrote:
Hope both of you are packed and ready to go. Hope y'all are "packin' heat" as in cameras. Need some pictures of the Textilis Corpus Christi.
Rolling out at 8am tomorrow. Camera is charged and ready to go... hopefully my son will let me use it. :laughing1:

I'll post pics when I get home tomorrow night, or if I'm tired they will have to wait until Sunday.
mantis
Location info: 22

RE: Bamboo Farmers' Market Aug 3-4th Bayside TX.

Post by mantis »

Well, it was a nice turn out today, but [sarcasm]surprisingly[/sarcasm] it rained for the majority of the event.

Nice people, nice boo, and good food. Hard to beat that combination...

Anywho, I ended up having to leave early because my 3 year old wanted to go to the beach, and was a handful, so after 2 hours I finally gave in.

Alan, it was nice seeing you again. Sid is already talking about camping at the farm again, but I told him it will have to wait until the weather cools down a bit. A true boonut in the making. :)
Last edited by mantis on Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
boonut
Location info: 20
Location: Harlingen, TX Zone 10, Sunset Zone 27. 33' above sea level. 27 inches of rain/year. 22 Miles to the Laguna Madre. 27 miles to the Gulf of Mexico. 17 miles from Mexico. Lower Rio Grande Valley - Deep South Texas

RE: Bamboo Farmers' Market Aug 3-4th Bayside TX.

Post by boonut »

Ok... here is the scoop:

B. Textilis "Corpus" is B. Tuldoides... there was a "yoke" there.

Darwin did have the Bambusa Edulis... he sticks with that term. Here are some pics.

As you can see, it was raining most of the time. This is Dendrocalamus Minor "amoenus".
Allen D. Aleshire
Bamboo Nut Farm

http://www.boonut.com
boonut
Location info: 20
Location: Harlingen, TX Zone 10, Sunset Zone 27. 33' above sea level. 27 inches of rain/year. 22 Miles to the Laguna Madre. 27 miles to the Gulf of Mexico. 17 miles from Mexico. Lower Rio Grande Valley - Deep South Texas

Post by boonut »

mantis wrote: Alan, it was nice seeing you again. Sid is already talking about camping at the farm again, but I told him it will have to wait until the weather cools down a bit. A true boonut in the making. :)
Nice seeing you and Sid today. Kinder Chambers, John and Darwin Nelson were there along with quite a few others. It was good seeing everyone.

Lots of boo to see. John and I talked about the Textilis/Tuldoides issues along with Edulis, Sinicus, Beecheyana, Vulgaris, and Strictus comparisons. Always good talking to boo folks.

You and Sid are always welcome at the boonut farm. Mine still has a way to go to get to the "amazing" size. Maybe a few more years... I definitely have the GIANTS in bamboo.
Allen D. Aleshire
Bamboo Nut Farm

http://www.boonut.com