Post by BooKing »

Nope, not in yet... :lol:
Roy
Location info: 6
Location: Tampa, Florida, USA,............Florida's SunCoast <Zone 9B-10A>

Re: ABS AUCTION RESULTS

Post by Roy »

BooKing wrote:Nope, not in yet... :lol:

And where would yea be looking for the official results?
--------------------------
Roy Rogers
Southern Tampania de la Floridana Universidad (STFU)
STFU Motto: All Bamboos are not Created Equal; @ STFU, the Search Continues
:wave: ROY'S BAMBOO LIST
BooKing
Location info: 0

RE: ABS AUCTION RESULTS

Post by BooKing »

How about in the crystal ball which is full of lucky bamboo? :lol:
I figured Bill would post it pretty soon, but hey, he's probably sunning himself with a Bacardi or two sitting oceanside. 8)
mantis
Location info: 22

Re: RE: ABS AUCTION RESULTS

Post by mantis »

BooKing wrote:How about in the crystal ball which is full of lucky bamboo? :lol:
I figured Bill would post it pretty soon, but hey, he's probably sunning himself with a Bacardi or two sitting oceanside. 8)
Ok, is this Lance or BooKing??? :?:

I am getting so confused. :laughing1:
BooKing

Post by BooKing »

It's me BooKing...Lance has been behaving himself, for I hold the Power of the Parvifolia.... :twisted:
bambooweb
Site Admin
Location info: 1
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Post by bambooweb »

I just got back to a computer so I will post the results that I have tomorrow after I get back from my eye check up.

I do not have all of the results because the Hawai'i people did not give me copies of the list after the auction. I was told I would have a copy today but I do not see it in the 200+ emails that I checked. :evil:

I did keep a list of web bidders that won, but I do not have the list to get the live bidders in contact with the donors. I am also planning to correct the escrow amounts and send emails on the auctions that I have results from.

Bill
mantis

Post by mantis »

So, did you get the list of results yet?

I told my wife I won 4 plants, and 2 of them were from BambooTexas. I've told her 3 times that I won plants from BambooTexas, and then tonight I told her that I was going to drive up to John's place on Sunday, and my wife asked "Why?"

And now everyone on Bamboo Web knows why I homebrew... :laughing1:

I'm not trying to disrespect my wife, as she is brilliant, but having kids just does something that makes your memory completely turn to garbage. My wife calls it "Mommy mush brain". I call it sleep deprivation.
Iowaboo
Location info: 32

Post by Iowaboo »

BooKing wrote:
How about in the crystal ball which is full of lucky bamboo?
I figured Bill would post it pretty soon, but hey, he's probably sunning himself with a Bacardi or two sitting oceanside.

Ok, is this Lance or BooKing???
8)
Mantis, the cold weather has hit booking now. Most northern folk kind of get insane in the winter months. Do I have to bring up the time I posted 111 times in one day? Guess what day I did that on?
bambooweb
Site Admin

Post by bambooweb »

The results that I have so far are now on-line:
http://absauction.bambooweb.info/

I still do not have the information on the bidders from Hilo and a couple of numbers are different between Kim's list and mine so I still do not have the escrow amounts finalized.

I am sorry for the problems finishing the auction. I will keep trying to get the information I need to finish.

Bill
mantis

Re: RE: ABS AUCTION RESULTS

Post by mantis »

bambooweb wrote:
I am sorry for the problems finishing the auction. I will keep trying to get the information I need to finish.

Bill
Not a problem. I'm just lacking for excitement in my life, and bambooweb is feeling the effects. Image

Rhizo_1 wrote: 8)
Mantis, the cold weather has hit booking now. Most northern folk kind of get insane in the winter months. Do I have to bring up the time I posted 111 times in one day? Guess what day I did that on?
111 times in one day? :shock: If I was Bill you would've joined the band. :lol:
foxd
Location info: 21

Post by foxd »

Fortunately, I have the indoor bamboos to help keep me sane. I get to see them put up a new shoot every few days. :)
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

The legal issues that will arise when the undead walk the earth are legion, and addressing them all is well beyond what could reasonably be accomplished in this brief Essay. Indeed, a complete treatment of the tax issues alone would require several volumes.
mantis

Post by mantis »

I'm still amazed that a 2 gallon B. lako brought in over $100. Especially seeing that a lot of the other plants sold for less than what growers are charging. :?:

I think I need to thank BooKing again for his generosity in sending out numerous B. lako plants to bambooweb users for nothing but the shipping costs. Definitely cool. 8)

-mike.
BooKing

Post by BooKing »

After sending close to 3 truckloads of plants in containers to overwinter at my friend's greenhouse, I still have 2 truckloads left to put at my place somewhere. I have to limit the amount of stuff to overwinter and lakos take up too much room and I'll never get to see what they would look like anyway to maturity so better to give them to good warm homes unlike the cold northeast :? . Maybe in another century or 2 or 3 I could grow tropicals here... :roll:
CadyG
Zone 6b

Like Kyuzo (pictured above) in "The Seven Samurai," I've "...Killed (more than) two..." bamboos.

Post by CadyG »

I can't believe my plug of Sasaella sold for 35 bucks. :shock:
It's all for the ABS, though, so the bidder is shelling out his clams for a worthy cause.
Cady G.
"Killed two..." -- Seiji Miyaguchi/Kyuzo
bambooweb
Site Admin

Post by bambooweb »

Cady,
I have the list of winners now.
Harry Simmons got that plant. If you have not met him he is a real nice guy and a contributor to the photo database. You can see a photo of him on page 16 of the August 2006 issue of Bamboo.

Bill