bambooweb
Site Admin
Location info: 1
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

max_questions problem

Post by bambooweb »

Wow! :shock: I go away for a weekend and you guys break the site. :lol:

Here is what I received from iPower when I asked for help:
IPOWER Technical Support wrote:The reason you are receiving that error is the 'max_questions' limit which is set to 50,000 per user per hour. This setting is there to ensure that the mysql database cannot be accessed too much by one user and overload the system.
The connections will reset every hour and is kept by user. My suggestion to solve this issue is to break up your queries between multiple users which would distribute the 50,000 connection queries to multiple users.
The error should have reset itself at the end of the hour but as you saw it lasted the whole day. Ipower has not been much help but there are other hosts that do not have a restriction on the number of queries per hour so I might have to look at moving the site.

I did find a hack that will increase the number of queries available by increasing the number of users accessing the database so I will but that in later today. I do not see how one user with 50,000 queries will overload the system but three users that can do 150,000 queries in an hour is OK, but that is what they are suggesting that I do. :scratch:

Bill