screen name madness. shouldn't it stop?

Moderator: needmore

Jeff: Igor's Apprentice
Location info: 0

screen name madness. shouldn't it stop?

Post by Jeff: Igor's Apprentice »

I don't want to mention any names (ahem. LANCE!) but I just find it weird that you can alter your screen name for ALL posts. Or, is this not a privalege of the masses? In any case, I think its confusing to follow threads where people are refering to an individual by their screen name but the screen name has been changed. I've been around long enough to catch on to the morphic tendencies of some (ahem. LANCE!), but what about readers who are new to the site? Shouldn't we make the site as readable as possible so that more people are likely to grasp and want to join in on the discussions?

Anyway, I can appreciate the desire of some (ahem. LANCE!) to reinvent themselves from day to day. That's cool! 8) But it seems like even if one wanted to change their screen name EVERY day, they should be able to do this without altering their screen names in past posts. Is that even an option?

Thoughts?
Anybody? Anybody?
rfgpitt
Location info: 24

RE: screen name madness. shouldn't it stop?

Post by rfgpitt »

Think I would have to agree. I personally don't mind (as long as I can follow), but for new people or folks that don't visit often, it would be hard to follow.

Change signature/location text/images to have fun.

Good suggestion hoe_NC
Rick
Markj

Post by Markj »

I think it's fine, just part of the fun of an online 'community' there's always one oddball :shock: :D
Bamboo...Please note... This plant is seriously addictive and you may lose interest in other, less rewarding plants!
BooKing

Post by BooKing »

I actually find it very entertaining and it "livens" up all the posts. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The King of Boo
Markj

Post by Markj »

Prehaps, if we all changed/swaped names.....

At least it'll be intresting :shock:
Bamboo...Please note... This plant is seriously addictive and you may lose interest in other, less rewarding plants!
Thuja
1951: -37*F;
1996: -29*F;
2005: -10*F;
2006: -17*F;
2007: -17*F.

Post by Thuja »

You never know who's online anyway. Take me for example, I call myself Thuja, but in reality I'm Bigfoot. :lol:

Hey Markj, maybe that's what happens with our bamboo labels, they get swapped/changed and then we don't know what we have.
--Mike
BooKing

Post by BooKing »

Correct Bigfoot. Let's worry about identifying a 'green' Phyllostachys, not our screen names.... :wink:
kstanwick
Location: Stillwater NJ z6a Sussex county. 20 minutes from the Del. Water Gap.

Post by kstanwick »

I'll go with the stability of one name...as you all can see i'm a bit boring in my choice....But for excitement you all can call me Kurteye....Or Kurti....
Kurt Stanwick
Stillwater NJ z6a

Kurt's Garden
Thuja
1951: -37*F;
1996: -29*F;
2005: -10*F;
2006: -17*F;
2007: -17*F.

Post by Thuja »

All's well that ends well. Lance is back to his classic LKZ5ia handle. That's Lance K, Zone 5, IowA, for all you fans out there keeping notes. 8) As for me, I'm still resisting the urge to switch my name to Bigfoot. I remember on GardenWeb you were allowed to change your username once. Bambooweb apparently is infinitely better in this regard, as well as others. :D
--Mike