Daylight savings??

Moderator: needmore

rfgpitt
Location info: 24

Daylight savings??

Post by rfgpitt »

Is it me, or is the server not adjusted for daylight savings yet????
Rick
bambooweb
Site Admin
Location info: 1
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

RE: Daylight savings??

Post by bambooweb »

Rick
The forum software does not have support for DST at this time.

Part of the problem is all of the different settings for "DST" or "Summer Time" for example for the U.S. and its territories, DST is NOT observed in Hawaii, American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, and the state of Arizona (not the Navajo Indian Reservation, which does observe). Navajo Nation participates in the Daylight Saving Time policy, due to its large size and location in three states.

To further complicate things, the countries that change their clocks do so on different dates and next year the US is changing the dates that DST starts and ends. :?

Bill
foxd
Location info: 21
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Post by foxd »

I would just go with Greenwich Mean Time and not even mess with DST. Why is screwing up peoples sleep patterns and clocks regarded as a good thing? It makes no sense.
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

The legal issues that will arise when the undead walk the earth are legion, and addressing them all is well beyond what could reasonably be accomplished in this brief Essay. Indeed, a complete treatment of the tax issues alone would require several volumes.
Iowaboo
Location info: 32

Post by Iowaboo »

The government systems like screwing with our sleep patterns, and placing us as wondering brain-washed zombies in the work force.

8)