bambooweb.info
http://www.bambooweb.info/bb/

Make "location" field mandatory
http://www.bambooweb.info/bb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3571
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Alan_L [ Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Make "location" field mandatory

Is it possible to make the "location" field in the user data mandatory? It might reduce the number of "if you told us your location we might be able to give better answers" posts.

Author:  bambootony [ Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:23 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Make "location" field mandatory

Updated my sig....

Author:  Roy [ Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:37 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Make "location" field mandatory

Alan_L wrote:
Is it possible to make the "location" field in the user data mandatory? It might reduce the number of "if you told us your location we might be able to give better answers" posts.


Alan,

Not a bad idea. My only problem with it is that I didn't suggest if first. :D

Author:  bambooweb [ Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Make "location" field mandatory

I like the idea but it is not a simple switch so it will probably have to wait until after the ABS conference.

Bill

Author:  ghmerrill [ Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Make "location" field mandatory

would it be possible to make it a real place, such as the drop down menues with the states that you see everywhere now when you order something online? Im thinking if you just have a field that is required text, people can put whatever they want in it-

something like:
Location: wherever my wife tells me to be

Author:  Roy [ Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Make "location" field mandatory

ghmerrill wrote:
would it be possible to make it a real place, such as the drop down menues with the states that you see everywhere now when you order something online? Im thinking if you just have a field that is required text, people can put whatever they want in it-

something like:
Location: wherever my wife tells me to be



I can see by the example you came up with that you are well trained. :wink:

Author:  ocimum_nate [ Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Make "location" field mandatory

I call dibs on the bat cave

Author:  dudley [ Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Make "location" field mandatory

what about those of us in the witness relocation program.



oh crap

Author:  mantis [ Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:16 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Make "location" field mandatory

Maybe instead of location, just make "Zone" a requirement.

Author:  Roy [ Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:42 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Make "location" field mandatory

mantis wrote:
Maybe instead of location, just make "Zone" a requirement.


Zone would vary so much. Wet zone 9 and dry zone 9. I like location as specific place.

Author:  Alan_L [ Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:44 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Make "location" field mandatory

Grab their IP address and determine where they are automatically.

Author:  mantis [ Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Make "location" field mandatory

Roy wrote:
Zone would vary so much. Wet zone 9 and dry zone 9. I like location as specific place.


I realize that, but many people don't want to post any personal information online that could be used for either ID theft or to reveal their government protected hiding area. :wink:

Author:  Roy [ Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Make "location" field mandatory

mantis wrote:
Roy wrote:
Zone would vary so much. Wet zone 9 and dry zone 9. I like location as specific place.


I realize that, but many people don't want to post any personal information online that could be used for either ID theft or to reveal their government protected hiding area. :wink:



Ah! I forgot about the Witness Protection Program! :D

Author:  ghmerrill [ Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Make "location" field mandatory

Roy wrote:
mantis wrote:
Roy wrote:
Zone would vary so much. Wet zone 9 and dry zone 9. I like location as specific place.


I realize that, but many people don't want to post any personal information online that could be used for either ID theft or to reveal their government protected hiding area. :wink:



Ah! I forgot about the Witness Protection Program! :D

isnt that the point? :wink:

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/