idea for new forum topic: "species"

Moderator: needmore

foxd
Location info: 21
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Re: idea for new forum topic: "species"

Post by foxd »

Links that don't reference a page are shown in red, so it is easy to identify such links. It gives us a guide as to what we need to fill in.

Yellow Groove sounds like a good starting place.
http://www.bambooweb.info/wiki/index.ph ... reosulcata

Let the editing begin!
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

The legal issues that will arise when the undead walk the earth are legion, and addressing them all is well beyond what could reasonably be accomplished in this brief Essay. Indeed, a complete treatment of the tax issues alone would require several volumes.
foxd

Post by foxd »

It occurs to me that we should also have a page with definitions for words like, culm, rhizome, sulcus, etc. Any suggestions for a name?
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

The legal issues that will arise when the undead walk the earth are legion, and addressing them all is well beyond what could reasonably be accomplished in this brief Essay. Indeed, a complete treatment of the tax issues alone would require several volumes.
Alan_L
Location info: 81

Post by Alan_L »

"Terminology" ?
foxd

Post by foxd »

"Glossary" would probably be more appropriate since it is defined as "an alphabetical list of terms in a particular domain of knowledge with the definitions for those terms."

Amazing what dredges up in ones memory after a nights sleep.
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

bepah
Location info: 36
Location: Brentwood CA The rumor is that we are 9b...I think 10a

Post by bepah »

foxd wrote:"Glossary" would probably be more appropriate since it is defined as "an alphabetical list of terms in a particular domain of knowledge with the definitions for those terms."

Dan,

You are a font of essentiality! :)
John Case
Rookie Gardener
Veteran Drinker
'Circular logic works because circular logic works!'
foxd

Post by foxd »

bepah wrote:
foxd wrote:"Glossary" would probably be more appropriate since it is defined as "an alphabetical list of terms in a particular domain of knowledge with the definitions for those terms."

Dan,

You are a font of essentiality! :)
Thanks.

I've added a glossary page linked off the main page. I figured the easiest way to do it is to put them in a table, just follow the layout I used. Or if uncomfortable with wikicode, then send me definitions and I will add them.
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.