Moderator: needmore

Mike Beard
Location info: 0
Location: Polk City, Fl.on the southern edge of the Green Swampzone 9

Re: New Forum Software

Post by Mike Beard »

I am unable to view users plant lists now
I go to user profile and clicky on plant list and nothing happens
I also am unable to edit/update my plant list I make update and it is there then try to add to list and my changes disaper and new additions are not accepted

I am on AOL ( sorry)
but now the forum works for me like it should although I still have to go to my pc control settings and re-set every time I want to go to the web site to check pictures and other sources

mike
mike beard
bambooweb
Site Admin
Location info: 1
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Post by bambooweb »

Which browser are you using? I am still trying to find the problem with viewing the plant list in IE :? It works in FireFox.
I am able to view and add to the list in the User Control Panel in IE which is strange because they use most of the same code. Also except for the wrapper it is the same code from the old forum. :? :?

Bill
bambookid524

Post by bambookid524 »

Sorry to add to the list of things to do, Bill, but I'm having trouble logging into the wiki.
I get a really long error message.
I have tried on both firefox, and safari, but not IE yet. I willcopy and paste the error message into here tomorrow, because I'm on my phone so there is no copy and paste. And I forgot to while I was on my computer.

Thanks,

Steve.

edit: Nevermind, its working now :)
Last edited by bambookid524 on Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Beard

Post by Mike Beard »

my browser?

I am not very computer savy

I sign on the internet using America On Line ( AOL ) so if that is not my browser then I have no idea!

mike
mike beard
bambookid524

Post by bambookid524 »

What do you click on to open up the internet? That would be your browser.
Mike Beard

Post by Mike Beard »

bambookid524 wrote:What do you click on to open up the internet? That would be your browser.

AOL -click sign on then my favorites then bambooweb info forum
mike beard
bambooweb
Site Admin

Post by bambooweb »

Mike,
You probably have the newer AOL Explorer based on IE which would have the same problems. :(
AOL use to use the Netscape Browser.

Bill
Roy
Location info: 6
Location: Tampa, Florida, USA,............Florida's SunCoast <Zone 9B-10A>

Post by Roy »

The only problem I'm having is that I have to run my monitor at a higher resolution, thus making items smaller on the monitor, and then having my wife complain that she has a hard time seeing smaller information. I know I can increase the text size, but not everything can be increased in size. Plus, when I increase the text size, then I'm back to my old problem that my FAQ, Search, Members, User Control Panel, then become unusable again. (Clicking on the text on each one does nothing. Like it's a graphic with no hyper-link)

If all Bill had to do was earn a living, his life would be much simpler. :wink:
--------------------------
Roy Rogers
Southern Tampania de la Floridana Universidad (STFU)
STFU Motto: All Bamboos are not Created Equal; @ STFU, the Search Continues
:wave: ROY'S BAMBOO LIST
bambooweb
Site Admin

Post by bambooweb »

Roy wrote:The only problem I'm having is that I have to run my monitor at a higher resolution, thus making items smaller on the monitor, and then having my wife complain that she has a hard time seeing smaller information.
Simple solution - Get your wife reading glasses :hiding:

The plant list looks like it is working in IE. :toothy8: I still do not know what the problem was. I deleted about half of the xsl file and it worked so I slowly added things back in testing each time until everthing was pasted back in from my backup and it worked even though the files look the same. :banghead:

Bill
Mike Beard

Post by Mike Beard »

bambooweb wrote:
Roy wrote:The only problem I'm having is that I have to run my monitor at a higher resolution, thus making items smaller on the monitor, and then having my wife complain that she has a hard time seeing smaller information.

The plant list looks like it is working in IE. :toothy8: I still do not know what the problem was. I deleted about half of the xsl file and it worked so I slowly added things back in testing each time until everthing was pasted back in from my backup and it worked even though the files look the same. :banghead:

Bill

not on working AOL (dial-up if that makes a difference) been on aol for 11 years

mike
mike beard
Roy
Location info: 6
Location: Tampa, Florida, USA,............Florida's SunCoast <Zone 9B-10A>

Post by Roy »

bambooweb wrote:

=========

Bill
She does have reading glasses, but she says she had to tilt her head back too far. Of course, I guess I could get her a laptop and she could hold it in her lap, like reading a book in which one tends to look down at when reading, whereas a computer you look straight out or slightly down. (She does wear contacts--one for distance and one for up close---I would get sick as a dog if I tried that myself.)
--------------------------
Roy Rogers
Southern Tampania de la Floridana Universidad (STFU)
STFU Motto: All Bamboos are not Created Equal; @ STFU, the Search Continues
:wave: ROY'S BAMBOO LIST
Mike Beard

Post by Mike Beard »

I now can view members plant lists

but mine has totaly disapeared and I am unable to edit/manage

mike
mike beard
bambooweb
Site Admin

Post by bambooweb »

Mike,
I don't see your plant list in either IE or Firefox but you do have your plantlist in the database and I see that you have been adding Bambusa beecheyana a number of times.

I think I found the problem does it work for you now?

Bill
needmore

Post by needmore »

Bill, after posting a reply I'm finding the new software clumsy in terms of getting back to the forum list. I suspect it may be me or my settings but I do not see a link to go back to the full forum topic list page; then when I select the most likely option, the list I get is only the bamboo topic index, so I then Have to go back up and click on forums under the bambooweb logo in order to return to where I started if I want to see 'other plants, website suggestions etc.

After posting, the previous software had a link something like bambooweb.info>foums>growing bamboo and you could clik on any one those 3 things to navigate there. - I think :albino:

This time I clicked on board index and got where I wanted to be, previously I got only the partial list so perhaps it is good now.
Brad Salmon, zone 12B Kea'au, HI
http://www.needmorebamboo.com
bambooweb
Site Admin

Post by bambooweb »

Brad
Near the top and bottom of each page there is a line like

Code: Select all

Board index » Bambooweb.info » Website Suggestions and Notes
In this case "Board index" goes to the full list page. This is where you want to click.
"Bambooweb.info" goes to this section on the board.
"Website Suggestions and Notes" goes to this forum.

Bill

Update: I have found where to make the change to remove the main category ("Bambooweb.info" in the example) so I will remove it since it is not used for anything special.

Bill