Connecting problem

Moderator: needmore

foxd
Location info: 21
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Connecting problem

Post by foxd »

I seem to be having problems connecting to the website from both home and work. I hope this posts.
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

The legal issues that will arise when the undead walk the earth are legion, and addressing them all is well beyond what could reasonably be accomplished in this brief Essay. Indeed, a complete treatment of the tax issues alone would require several volumes.
bambooweb
Site Admin
Location info: 1

RE: Connecting problem

Post by bambooweb »

I have sent a support ticket to bluehost. I think someone on this server is trying to fill up their 3 gigs of storage because the hard drive has been filling up at 1% per day for over two weeks. Last week they must have upgraded the hard drive because it went from over 95% full to 80% but it is now at 91%. I also noticed that the Server Load is at 12.4 with 8 cpus where it had been running at about 1.5.

Bill
ghmerrill
Location info: 26

Post by ghmerrill »

a couple days ago I had a problem with the site too. I also have noticed occasional slowdowns on loading, but I dont know If that is them or ME!

I was also getting error messages when I tried to post or send PMs. No issues now, so must have been part of what they were working on.
foxd
Location info: 21

Post by foxd »

I just noticed that on the Exchanges Search function, if you select either "wanted" or "Growing", the drop down menu of Bamboo Types has italic HTML tags in the names.

Also the usual problem with accented characters.
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

The legal issues that will arise when the undead walk the earth are legion, and addressing them all is well beyond what could reasonably be accomplished in this brief Essay. Indeed, a complete treatment of the tax issues alone would require several volumes.
needmore
Location info: 0

Post by needmore »

The site crapped out on me today, critical phpbb error or something along those lines. Back up now - thus far.
Brad Salmon, zone 12B Kea'au, HI
http://www.needmorebamboo.com
bambooweb
Site Admin
Location info: 1

Post by bambooweb »

I don't know if that is related to the "over the CPU limit" that happened late last night when I tried to download all of the databases as one file. It took over 330 seconds where the limit is 30 seconds so they shut us down for a some time as the load slowed down.

The previous problems were created by a bottleneck in the DNS servers. The owner of BlueHost noted in their forums that as they have been adding systems to increase the number of sites they overlooked the DNS servers. They did add to the DNS servers and maybe they are still making changes.

Brad are you becoming even older on Thursday?

Bill
ghmerrill
Location info: 26

Post by ghmerrill »

you mean He and Roy both will be in the position to be referred to as "venerable"?
needmore
Location info: 0

Re: RE: Connecting problem

Post by needmore »

bambooweb wrote:I don't know if that is related to the "over the CPU limit" that happened late last night when I tried to download all of the databases as one file. It took over 330 seconds where the limit is 30 seconds so they shut us down for a some time as the load slowed down.

The previous problems were created by a bottleneck in the DNS servers. The owner of BlueHost noted in their forums that as they have been adding systems to increase the number of sites they overlooked the DNS servers. They did add to the DNS servers and maybe they are still making changes.

Brad are you becoming even older on Thursday?

Bill
This was late morning here, after I had been perusing for awhile then it did that error thing it likes to do.

Well, yes, if I play my cards right to see Thursday come, then yes, the chronometer rolls up a notch.
Brad Salmon, zone 12B Kea'au, HI
http://www.needmorebamboo.com
Roy
Location info: 6
Location: Tampa, Florida, USA,............Florida's SunCoast <Zone 9B-10A>

Re: RE: Connecting problem

Post by Roy »

ghmerrill wrote:you mean He and Roy both will be in the position to be referred to as "venerable"?
Some say getting old is like fine wine being aged. Don't believe it. Getting old is hell, but the alternative is worse.

:clock: :clock: :clock:
--------------------------
Roy Rogers
Southern Tampania de la Floridana Universidad (STFU)
STFU Motto: All Bamboos are not Created Equal; @ STFU, the Search Continues
:wave: ROY'S BAMBOO LIST