bluehost tech support

Moderator: needmore

bambooweb
Site Admin
Location info: 1
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

bluehost tech support

Post by bambooweb »

I had a problem with the site and email and had to call tech support. I started out 11th in line during the Super Bowl and it took about 10 minutes to get a tech which I thought was reasonable for a Sunday. I stumped the tech that answered the phone so he went up the line (twice) and got the problem fixed on the first call.

Much better than I had been use to.

Bill
Mike McG
Location info: 71

RE: bluehost tech support

Post by Mike McG »

Bill - Glad to see this site is back up and running. Thanks for the great job you have been doing over the years.

Mike McG near Brenham TX
mantis
Location info: 22

Re: RE: bluehost tech support

Post by mantis »

Mike McG wrote:Bill - Glad to see this site is back up and running. Thanks for the great job you have been doing over the years.

Mike McG near Brenham TX

Agreed!

Hopefully this will end most of your headaches, Bill. :crossing fingers:
needmore
Location info: 0

Post by needmore »

Thanks for moving the site Bill, good work! It took the full 7 days to get my domain released so I was surprised to see us back up today.
Brad Salmon, zone 12B Kea'au, HI
http://www.needmorebamboo.com
bamboozal
Location info: 0

Post by bamboozal »

Hi Bill,

thanks for putting in the time and effort in keeping this place going. I am certainly grateful for your hard work.
cheers,
Adrian.
foxd
Location info: 21

Post by foxd »

Yes, great job Bill!

I was a bit worried about the move, considering all the horror stories I read about ipower on the web.
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

The legal issues that will arise when the undead walk the earth are legion, and addressing them all is well beyond what could reasonably be accomplished in this brief Essay. Indeed, a complete treatment of the tax issues alone would require several volumes.
mantis
Location info: 22

Post by mantis »

The site has been very stable for me since the move. 8) No more posting errors, picture problems, etc. Sometimes it is slow to load, and times out, but if I hit refresh/retry it seems to work on the second try. That just might be a problem on my end, since my wireless network seems to drop the ball occasionally. :?

Bill, hopefully you are having less headaches with the site as well now that it is on the new server.

Thanks again.
bambooweb
Site Admin
Location info: 1

Re: RE: bluehost tech support

Post by bambooweb »

mantis wrote:The site has been very stable for me since the move. 8) No more posting errors, picture problems, etc. Sometimes it is slow to load, and times out, but if I hit refresh/retry it seems to work on the second try. That just might be a problem on my end, since my wireless network seems to drop the ball occasionally. :?

Bill, hopefully you are having less headaches with the site as well now that it is on the new server.

Thanks again.
I think the site should speed up as they upgrade the server we are on. After I started moving my sites 4 of the disks started flashing yellow on the status page saying they were close to filling up. Since then they must have greatly increased the ramdisk because the usage on it is way down also the hard drives are moving from over 85% full to around 60%. There is still one disk to go before everything is in the green.

One interesting thing that I noticed in the stats is the server that we are on is an 8 processor machine.

Bluehost has also recently changed their formula that calculates excessive CPU usage so individual sites have about twice the usage that they use to have. The only problem that I foresee is on the phpBB website they say if you convert from V2 to V3 you should contact your host first because the scripts take a long time to run and they may have to remove the any limits before the conversion.

Bill