Errors today!

Moderator: needmore

Iowaboo
Location info: 32

RE: Errors today!

Post by Iowaboo »

:shock: yes, the first time I can post in number of days. I have so many intellectual ramblings to disperse to my loyal fan base.
bambooweb
Site Admin
Location info: 1
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Post by bambooweb »

The latest news. I talked to billing this morning and they said that the site would be moved to another server. The wait time to talk to someone in billing was only 15 minutes this morning.

Unfortunately my ISP Centurytel has shut me down again as of 6:30 this morning. Their tech support said it might be Monday or Tuesday before the DSL is fixed. The power was off this morning when I lost the DSL so I expect it is the same problem as the last two times it went down when the power was off but then it took less than three hours for someone to turn it on again. So far my DSL has been off 5 times in the last 6 months.

I am online now in my car in front of a house with an open wireless link.

Bill
I would say that I am reporting from the third world nation of Eastern Washington but that would insult Third World nations :evil:
bambooweb
Site Admin

Post by bambooweb »

I talked to tech support this afternoon and she said that the site should be moved to a new server within 48 hours. So considering 8 hour days we should be moved and running by the end of next week.

Bill
bambooweb
Site Admin

Post by bambooweb »

In the past 2 hours the site has started working for me. :thumbleft:
Maybe they found the problem :lol:

Yesterday email tech support asked for screenshots of the problem so I sent them 6 shots from IE, Firefox, my email program and from the InternetSeer site monitoring service. I also mentioned that I am getting emails from other parts of the world stating that I am not the only one with connection problems. Their reply was "Please try to access your Web site by clearing the browser cache and cookies and also from different computer."

One strange thing about their tech support is the e-mail tech support goes to a different domain from the e-mails sent in response to a phone call and it does not look like the e-mail techs can access the service tickets generated by the phone techs or billing department.

Bill