Rabbits

Controlling pests of bamboo

Moderator: needmore

rfgpitt
Location info: 24

RE: Rabbits

Post by rfgpitt »

Allen,

Call Mr. Leopold. They need to make a scope that snaps a picture when you want or right after the trigger is pulled. ...as if their products aren't expensive enough.

My rabbits for the most part have become nocturnal in response to my behavior. :twisted:
Rick
Roy
Location info: 6
Location: Tampa, Florida, USA,............Florida's SunCoast <Zone 9B-10A>

Re: RE: Rabbits

Post by Roy »

boonut wrote:..snip...

One day the bamboo, trees, and palms will be too big and then I wouldn't mind having a few around. We get all kinds of wild animals. We have these large birds - Chachalacas... they are loud, but definitely different.
..snip
Allen,

Do they look like the one below? I found several different species of birds listed under Chachalacas.

--------------------------
Roy Rogers
Southern Tampania de la Floridana Universidad (STFU)
STFU Motto: All Bamboos are not Created Equal; @ STFU, the Search Continues
:wave: ROY'S BAMBOO LIST
boonut
Location info: 20
Location: Harlingen, TX Zone 10, Sunset Zone 27. 33' above sea level. 27 inches of rain/year. 22 Miles to the Laguna Madre. 27 miles to the Gulf of Mexico. 17 miles from Mexico. Lower Rio Grande Valley - Deep South Texas

Re: RE: Rabbits

Post by boonut »

Roy wrote: Allen,

Do they look like the one below? I found several different species of birds listed under Chachalacas.
Yes, we have two in our backyard from time to time that I think are a mating pair. They love the dog food. They are about the size of small turkeys.

Most of the folks down here that have bamboo... also have chachalacas. A friend of mine that has a more tropical rainforest type backyard has quite a few of them. He turns on the radio with speakers up in the trees to get them going crazy. Definitely sounds like the amazon or something. Very loud birds. You can see his place at: http://www.boonut.com/photoalbums/rgv_t ... lbum0.html
Allen D. Aleshire
Bamboo Nut Farm

http://www.boonut.com