Before and after photos of bamboo

how to take close-ups and what parts of the plants to get photos of for ID.

Moderators: David, Iowaboo, Thuja

johnw
Location info: 0
Bamboo Society Membership: EBS - Germany

Re: Before and after photos of bamboo

Post by johnw »

Steve - Was that total top kill on the parvifolia?
johnw coastal Nova Scotia
stevelau1911
Location info: 42

Post by stevelau1911 »

Nope. I doubt there would be any chance for parvifolia to get right back to the same size if it did totally top kill. Most culms were killed to only about half way up the culms, and many towards the center re-leafed a bit, but I still cut them out because they didn't really contribute.

It's right back to around the 15ft mark now that I have the culms tied together. Otherwise the foliage is just so heavy that it causes the plant to flop like crazy. Parvifolia tends to grow very heavy foliage.
Cooper12
Location info: 0
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Post by Cooper12 »

stevelau1911 wrote:Nope. I doubt there would be any chance for parvifolia to get right back to the same size if it did totally top kill. Most culms were killed to only about half way up the culms, and many towards the center re-leafed a bit, but I still cut them out because they didn't really contribute.

It's right back to around the 15ft mark now that I have the culms tied together. Otherwise the foliage is just so heavy that it causes the plant to flop like crazy. Parvifolia tends to grow very heavy foliage.
you have had a few brutal winters out there in a row. The Parvifolia seems like tough stuff
Jason Floyd
Hangtown Farms

Emmett Idaho
Zone 7A
Potato country