New Cameras...

how to take close-ups and what parts of the plants to get photos of for ID.

Moderators: David, Iowaboo, Thuja

rfgpitt
Location info: 24

RE: New Cameras...

Post by rfgpitt »

It's not new anymore, but our old camera is just about dead so I ordered the Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ5 from newegg. The only other model close was a newer Canon, but I don't think it zooms in movie mode and doesn't have the ability to record in HD/720p. I'm sure anything new that comes out soon that could equal or better this Panasonic will be a lot more $$$. Even though I don't have much to photograph in my pots, I'll try to test it out and post some pictures.
Rick
boonut
Location info: 20
Location: Harlingen, TX Zone 10, Sunset Zone 27. 33' above sea level. 27 inches of rain/year. 22 Miles to the Laguna Madre. 27 miles to the Gulf of Mexico. 17 miles from Mexico. Lower Rio Grande Valley - Deep South Texas

Post by boonut »

Definitely send pics with the new camera. I am holding off purchasing anything for a while until I see how bad the economy gets. But, if we start to get out of this thing any time soon, I will be looking at a new one. That is one of the cameras I was looking at also.
Allen D. Aleshire
Bamboo Nut Farm

http://www.boonut.com
foxd
Location info: 21
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Post by foxd »

rfgpitt, can I have your old camera? Our best digital camera is one I bought from CVS for under $20 and had the devil of a time figuring out how to download pictures from it.
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

The legal issues that will arise when the undead walk the earth are legion, and addressing them all is well beyond what could reasonably be accomplished in this brief Essay. Indeed, a complete treatment of the tax issues alone would require several volumes.
rfgpitt
Location info: 24

Post by rfgpitt »

The HP 935 / 5.3mp that we've had for several years takes AA batteries - normally it's a good feature, but if you use the view finder to take the pictures you might be lucky to get 15 to 20 pictures out of a pair of Energizers - less with the rechargeables. When we went to an event/party we would have two sets of rechargeables that normally would get used up and alkalines as a backup. On occasion it was locking up and now it is almost not usable as it locks all the time. If it was operable I'd send it to you foxd.....

Now if you don't get any bites on a Musa basjoo, that's another story.
Rick
foxd
Location info: 21
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Post by foxd »

rfgpitt, worse comes to worse, if the camera is inoperable I could at least tinker with it and try and make it operable again. It would be a step up from the $20 CVS camera. BTW, it also uses AA batteries.

http://webpages.charter.net/tvickers89/PV2mods.htm
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

The legal issues that will arise when the undead walk the earth are legion, and addressing them all is well beyond what could reasonably be accomplished in this brief Essay. Indeed, a complete treatment of the tax issues alone would require several volumes.