Phyllostachys edulis “mixta” strange

Other things that involve bamboo

Moderator: needmore

Deane
Location info: 0

Phyllostachys edulis “mixta” strange

Post by Deane »

So edulis “mixta” is shooting in the greenhouse which is great but if you look the culm is yellow ?? Thoughts people
Attachments
58D340C7-2159-4747-8B00-3B6C93ED641A.jpeg
Nicholas

Re: Phyllostachys edulis “mixta” strange

Post by Nicholas »

It is difficult to say Deane, a lot of the pictures you show from your great collection come from relatively small plants.
I know we like to be impatient but sometimes giving things a bit of time is the best approach.

Once you have a well established plant with larger and more shoots it should become clear if it is the whole plant, just one shoot, or maybe a mix-up of two different rhizomes in the same pot.

All the best,

Nicholas
Deane

Re: Phyllostachys edulis “mixta” strange

Post by Deane »

Nicholas wrote:It is difficult to say Deane, a lot of the pictures you show from your great collection come from relatively small plants.
I know we like to be impatient but sometimes giving things a bit of time is the best approach.

Once you have a well established plant with larger and more shoots it should become clear if it is the whole plant, just one shoot, or maybe a mix-up of two different rhizomes in the same pot.

All the best,

Nicholas
Yes your very right it is a young collection and I do need to be more patience, I am sure with in time things will become more clearer